Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: Just in case you were curious...

  • Jim E.
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2002
      I use only the high-speed position for the same reason.

      And with respect to climb-milling, I do it often, especially for fine,
      finishing cuts. Also, if I'm cutting against one edge, I figure why
      waste the motion back to the beginning point. Move the cutter in about
      2 thou. and move back to start, then start the agressive cutting again.

      To assist in chatter reduction, I clamp down any axis I'm not currently
      moving - always the Z, Y if I'm only moving the X, and visa versa.

      Graciously,
      Jim
      Lakewood, CA
      All Hail Rube Goldberg!