4290Re: Cheap solution for locking spindle pin

  • lecodtl
    Sep 1, 2005
      My really cheap solution to starting the spindle with the locking pin
      in place is to place the cover for the drawbar on top of the
      workpiece when I get ready to insert the locking pin. When I get
      done with the wrench and locking pin, I set them down, see the
      drawbar cover on the workpiece, check that I really removed the
      locking pin, put on the cover, and turn on the power.

      Dean

      --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "Dave J" <galt_57@h...> wrote:
      > I want one hand on the wrench and one hand on the spindle
      > and that does not leave me a spare hand to hold in a sping-
      > loaded pin.
      >
      > My thought is either to make a locking pin storage hole in
      > the control box -- with a sense switch -- or add a sense
      > switch to detect when the locking pin is locking the spindle.
      >
      > The storage hole idea would parallel an appropriate lathe
      > addition for the chuck key.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic