3140Re: minimill ?

  • cikoolk
    May 1, 2004
      If you want to do any serious milling this is not a good machine to
      buy, as it is essentially a drill press with and XY table--in fact
      the head assembly is identical to that of many Asian drill presses
      sold by HF, Grizzly, Homier, and others.

      I think you'll find that using a 1/4" end mill, in mild steel, will
      be the machines real upper limit; and that a 3/4" face mill will
      shake this puppy's tail...

      --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <ronpierce1@m...> wrote:
      > I just ordered the Grizzly G0517, I noticed it says the end mill
      > capacity is 1/4 inch, does this mean the depth ? as you mill ? but
      > you can use wider endmills ? like 1/2 inch at 1/4 deep per pass ?
      > Ron
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic