27584Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: New to me HF 44991 mini mill.

  • markkimball2000
    Aug 13 8:12 AM
      I installed the air lift and used the freed-up bolt hole (along with the one used to mount the worthless Z-axis pointer) to mount a DRO.  The DRO sensor was mounted on the head, and the scale was attached to the column using the 3mm bolt holes that were formerly used for the Z axis scale.  I didn't have to drill/tap any additional holes for the Z axis.So replacing the spring-type lift with the air lift was worthwhile in a couple of ways for me.  After doing that (and improving the gib situation) my head-drop problem pretty much went away, too.  So make that 3 improvements.Mark
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic