      One of the first things I did on my mini mill was to add an adjustable 1 inch travel dial indicator to the Z axis (I has it from an old project).
      The next thing was the air spring followed by calipers converted to X and Y axis digital read outs. Finally when I trashed the gears, I installed the belt drive.
      John Mattis

      On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 7:18 AM, a rien amriensr@... [GrizHFMinimill] <GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I'd urge you to re consider doing the air spring last. The air spring will clear up some real estate for your DRO's, add to z travel, and help with head droop.
      On Wed, 8/13/14, bob.guenthner@... [GrizHFMinimill] <GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Subject: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: New to me HF 44991 mini mill.
      To: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 9:10 AM

      First mod will be the scales and then the air lift.
       I've seen how some have stiffened up the column,
      but what is the best way to do it?  I have a chunk of
      3.5 inch round aluminum and will be doing the belt
      conversion this fall or winter.I've done
      a little milling with it on some aluminum I have and seemed
      to cut very good.  Looking forward to actually making
      something with it after it's all set
      up.Bob

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic