27529Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: Sieg X2 Mini Mill - adjusting backlash on X and Y screws and nuts

  • chucketn
    Jul 23, 2014

      Yes, John, I have an X2 Mini Mill from Harbor Freight. The end cap did indeed cover the acess holes in the table for the leadscrew nut adjustment. I had to remove the endplate and mill away some metal to expose the set screws for adjusting the nut. I wish I had taken pictures of before and after.

      As for the bearing, there were burrd around the key slot that was preventing the bearing race from sliding off the leadscrew. I knocked it apart and put the leadscrew in my lathe to polish it up a bit. The bearing now slides off nicely. I re-assembled the leadscrew, got the backlash adjusted much better.

      Chuck

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic