27036RE: [GrizHFMinimill] RE: Problem with Sieg mini mill

  • gerry waclawiak
    Jan 31, 2014
      Stefan,

      If everything is properly fitted then the bearings are seated so the whole spindle assembly cannot move up or down. I've been whacking my MT3 spindle fittings for nigh on ten years without any movement or damage to the bearings

      Gerry W
      Leeds UK
      ________________________________
      > From: stkovac@...
      > To: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 11:43:21 -0800
      > Subject: [GrizHFMinimill] RE: Problem with Sieg mini mill
      >

      > thanks for the suggestions fellas.
      >
      > |I will have to wait until tomorrow to work on it - one thing came
      > across my mind - I might have moved that spindle down while trying to
      > release the Morse tapper tool that came along with the machine (and I
      > had to whack it really good to loosen it up).
      >
      > I'll try to make some tool to retract it backwards, through spindle
      > hole, but I will have to watch for rear bearing also.
      >
      > This was quite helping.
      >
      > I will let you know when I set it up
      >
      > Stefan

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic