27021RE: [GrizHFMinimill] Problem with Sieg mini mill

  • gerry waclawiak
    Jan 31, 2014
      Hi Stefan,

      sorry to hear about your problem.

      There should be no noticeable movement of the spindle relative to the head, something is not set up correctly. Movement and misalignment suggests to me that the bearings are poorly fitted or damaged or the spindle has not been pressed fully into the bottom bearing.

      This opinion is reinforced for me by the fact you cannot engage the locking pin. There is an elongated slot cut into the side of the spindle that the locking pin should engage when pressed in (the elongation is to allow a little mis-alignment in height) but yours does not line up at all

      If the mill is new and under warranty I would suggest that you speak to the supplier and ask them to sort it. Otherwise have you trided adjusting the bearings. The slotted nut at the top of the spindle is adjustable with a "C" spanner that should come supplied with the machine. Before adjusting this you need to slacken the allan screw visible on the side of the nut.

      Gerry W
      Leeds UK
      ________________________________
      > From: stkovac@...
      > To: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 14:39:49 -0800
      > Subject: [GrizHFMinimill] Problem with Sieg mini mill
      >

      > Hello
      >
      > recently I bought a new sieg mini mill (I believe it is, its branded Womax).
      > I am still preparing it for use, but I have noticed a problem, and I
      > hope you can advise me what to do
      >
      > My spindle has vertical movement inside head stock. Also, I cant use
      > the piece provided for locking the spindle while removing Morse taper
      > tools. Its a bit low.
      >
      > Here you can find a video and a few pics of a problem.
      > Any suggestion is quite welcome.
      > Thanks in advance
      > Stefan
      >
      > https://plus.google.com/photos/109504184972785564960/albums/5968876285425588497?authkey=CL2P46btspeoZQ