27016RE: New to Machining

  • superc_53
    Jan 30, 2014
      Hmmmm intersting.  The Fly cutter I received did not have a shaped bit with it.  The insert ones do of course, little replaceable cutting pieces of carbide you screw in.  Generally speaking you will have to take the little bar of metal in the fly cutter and grind it to proper shape yourself.  That requires some understanding of tool shape geometry.  We come back to the reference books and charts.  Almost all of the things you need to know about are in the videos.  In any case, today being Thursday your question about what comes with the mill should be answered as soon as you start opening the packages and reading the enclosures.   You will need a solid stand for the mill and best results do require it to be bolted to the stand.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic