26824Re: [GrizHFMinimill] RE: How would I machine a flat-bottomed hole with a boring head?

  • Brian Pitt
    Oct 24, 2013
      On Thursday, October 24, 2013 07:14:51 pm you wrote:
      > I'm surprised that the "not often really needed" came up, because it seems to me it would be a common operation.

      a lot of the time whatever goes into the bore only needs to touch a small part of the bottom ,like the outer race of a bearing
      you'd usually want the rest of the bottom to be relieved so the inner race dosent rub

      and there is usually a workaround like a snap ring and spacer or boring clear thru and bolting a flanged plug in from the other side
      that also makes it much easier to get things back out if you need to ,just remove the plug and drive it thru

      Brian
      --
      Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic