26810RE: Grizzly Rotary Table gear lash

  • cannontandem
    Oct 21, 2013

      I looked at Grizzly's web site for this item     http://www.grizzly.com/products/H5685     and they say there is a adjustment screw for lash. It may be the one on the side close to the table indicator mark shown in their photo.

      Little machine shops instructions are for a different kind of table but may apply to your situation. See pages 3 and 4 at     http://littlemachineshop.com/instructions/RotaryTable.pdf

      ---In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, <grizhfminimill@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Novice  miller here, today finished milling circular cut out of 1/4 inch thick aluminum plate. Had chatter problems while turning the table, either climb or conventional style.

      The table has a degree or so of play or slack in rotation unless the friction is locked down tight. (can't advance then, of course)

      My table is a Grizzly H5685, their least expensive. Got mine second hand, but doesn't look like it was ever been out of the very nice box

      Catalog description tells of a lash adjustment screw. I don't see any obvious screw. The lash I have appears to be in the worm drive itself. The worm shaft does not shift, I've snugged up the calibrated shaft dial (a sleeve on the worm shaft) until it begins to bind a little, but the table still has that little bit of very annoying play.

      Is this just normal operation for the least expensive of anything? Do they all have this problem to some degree?.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic