26801Homing switch placement on a HF miniMill x2

  • brad_st_joseph
    Oct 13, 2013

      I am looking to hook up Homing switches on the x, y and z axis on the HF 44991 mini mill. Do any of you have any suggestions / photos of how you found best to place them?

      Right now I have a set of 3

      Snap Action Switch (N.O.-N.C.) Single Pole Double Throw Short Hinge Roller Lever Quick Connect 10 Amp 250 Volt AC 2.26n Screw Mount

      Here is a link to jameco so you can see photo of switch.

      http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_159572_-1

      I am thinking of using Rare earth magnets that I pulled out of hard drivers to mount the switch to the mill and then set a second one on the saddle that will trip the switch. Or do you think that could vibrate lose and I would be ahead to just mount it to mill.

      Thanks,

      Brad

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic