26798Trueing a drill chuck

  • Jeremy Winder
    Oct 10, 2013
      Last weekend I used the drill chuck, that came with my G0704, for the first time in months. I almost exclusively use collets; but I didn't have the correct sized collect for what I was doing.

      When I chucked the center drill and turned on the mill it was obvious it wasn't running true. I reseated the center drill to ensure it wasn't crooked in the drill chuck and got the same thing. I then tried a different center drill, same result.

      I appears the chuck itself is seated correctly on the arbor. Is there a method I can use to true up the jaws/internals so it will run the drill bits truer?

      Thanks in advance,

      Jeremy - Columbus, GA USA
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic