25712Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Is the G0704 a good mill?

  • Jeremy Winder
    Mar 1, 2013
      Thank you for the reply.

      As for what I'm going to use it for, I'm not really sure myself. The projects I currently have in mind fit the work envelope with room to spare and are mostly aluminum. However, I discovered with my 7x10 lathe, once I have a capability I find more and more projects to do. And them seem to get bigger and bigger.

      Can I assume from your comments that that G0704 does have a rigidity problem when cutting steel? Can this be overcome by stiffening the column and/or shallower cuts? Is the issue in the column or in the bed as well?

      Thanks again,

      Jeremy
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic