18196Re: Selling a mini-mill?

  • lathesmith
    Jan 1, 2010
      I had a "spare" mini-mill to sell last fall, and determined it more time- and cost-effective to part it out. I had several happy customers too, many from the group here. For me the shipping cost for the entire mill was too cost prohibitive, and so piecing it out was the only realistic way to go.
      YMMV,
      Chris

      --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "G." <corelokt308win@...> wrote:

      > I forgot to add that it has the hydraulic lift as well. Maybe I'll try to ebaay it.
      >

      > --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, Robert Furmanak <rfurmanak@> wrote:
      > >
      > > That is a tough question. For starters, shipping costs are going
      > > to be high. One one hand, a fellow recently sold a highly modified
      > > Grizzly 7x lathe on Ebay for around $900, but it had lots of
      > > desirable mods and accessories. Another fellow decided it was more
      > > cost effective to part out his mini mill and sell the parts. Perhaps
      > > he will comment on his experience. It benefited me greatly, as I
      > > ended up with his motor and belt drive conversion.
      > >

      > > On Dec 30, 2009, at 3:29 PM, G. wrote:
      > >
      > > > I need to go to a larger mill and will selling my mini mill. What
      > > > price do they bring? Mine has the belt drive, split nuts on the
      > > > table worms, set screws to the other adjustments to remove free
      > > > play, and has been used as a precision drill press. Spare parts
      > > > include extra brass nuts, and other small parts. I'm in central NY,
      > > > near Utica, Rome and Watertown.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic