1499Spindle length .. Was: A fan question...

  • Ron Yost
    Nov 2, 2002
      >And yes, a mill holder will definitely get you closer. I have some o5
      >from Grizzley and the head length is about 2". That might be a quicker
      >and easier route.

      I'm guessing you guys are talking about MiniMills with morse taper
      spindles? The R8 spindle on some MiniMills (like my HF) sticks down about
      an inch lower to begin with, IIRC. Of course, that also means there's
      about an inch less max distance between the table and the spindle.
      As they say, there ain't no free lunch. :)

      Ron Yost
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic