1496RE: [GrizHFMinimill] A fan question...

  • Chris Wood
    Nov 1, 2002
      Leo:

      The air spring does not offer that constraint. You can lower the head until
      the contacts the Z-axis stop at the bottom.

      Your idea of using an end mill holder is good. It will extend the reach
      about 1.5".

      The air spring was abandoned because of cost. Parts on these machines that
      the factory can't make are much more expensive than the parts they do make.
      All the torsion spring parts are easily made, and I'll bet they add up to
      less than the cost of the air spring alone.

      Regards,
      Chris Wood
      LittleMachineShop.com <www.littlemachineshop.com>
      The premier source of parts and accessories for mini lathes and mini mills.
      221 E. Walnut St. #110, Pasadena, CA 91101
      (800)981-9663 * Fax (626)584-5844