1493Re: [GrizHFMinimill] A fan question...
- Nov 1, 2002There's a way to gain some at the bottom, but you have to temporarily
remove the spindle assembly from the fuselage to do it. What you do is
1. unscrew the handle that holds the limit block (pn #65) and remove
2. temporarily raise the spindle assembly off the fuselage and lift the
limit block off the fuselage
3. put the spindle assembly back on (you won't take it off again)
4. cut about 1/8" off of the sharp wedge edge of the limit block from
the side opposite the handle. At this point you should be able to put
the limit block back on the fuselage, without the gib, handle side
first. If necessary, cut a little more off until you can fit it back
5. place the gib and handle back in and tighten down.
This gives you the ability to use the limit block, yet remove it for
more downward travel if desired. To remove it, just remove the handle
and gib and pull it away from the fuselage. Install in reverse order.
All Hail Rube Goldberg!
> The only thing that has me a wee bit disappointed in the mill, is the
> lower limit of the distance of the spindle to the table.
> Steve Bedair was kind enough to show me a way around this. I was
> wondering if this is a concern to other users of this mill?
> Leo (cool in pearland, and... and.. the rain is gone!)
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>