There is love in the world.

  • viajar2566
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2009
      I just read the following essay. I think it is worth posting for all to read.
      ------------

      There are times when I look at the world and wonder whether we are making progress. It seems that no matter how hard we work, how much energy we process with the downloads and shifts, we see more proof of the darkness and fear that appears to rule the world. So a few weeks ago I asked God to show me that there was goodness, that people's hearts were changing and that there was love in the world. What I saw gave me hope and proof that we have indeed created wonderful energies that others are noticing.

      I had just left the grocery store and was walking towards my car when I saw an elderly man in a motorized cart, looking very confused. When I asked him what was wrong he told me he had lost his car. I said I would help him as soon as I emptied my cart. So I put my things in my car and walked back towards him. In the meantime, several other people stopped to ask if he needed help and when he told them his story, they also began looking for his car. Then, his cart stopped working so I went into the store to ask if someone could bring him another cart. An employee returned with me, smiling and eager to help this elderly man.

      As I walked back towards him, I saw that three men had stopped to help fix his cart. And more people were joining them, all of them wanting to help. Soon there was a group of people walking through the parking lot, looking for his car. His car was found, the store manager came out to help him load his few groceries and stayed with him to ensure that his car would start and he could leave the store. All of these people were willing to stop what they were doing and help this man who was a stranger to them. But he needed help and they were willing to give it.

      Whatever energies we focus on is what we will see in the world. There will be those who think that lying, cheating and stealing are the only way they can get ahead. But the vast majority of people are good, kind and ready for a new way of being. These are the people who are choosing the light over the darkness and in their own unique, small ways, are proof that the world is indeed changing. Although we may not always have proof of the love that we are creating, it is there and we are the ones who are setting that energy. So it is important to stay focused on the love we wish to create in the world and when in doubt, ask for proof of it and it will be shown to you.

      -------
      Indeed, "whatever energies we focus on is what we will see in the world."

      Dottie
    • caesar_993854
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2009
        --- In Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com, "viajar2566" <viajar2566@...> wrote:

        > I just read the following essay. I think it is worth posting for all to read.
        > ------------
        >
        > There are times when I look at the world and wonder whether we are making progress. It seems that no matter how hard we work, how much energy we process with the downloads and shifts, we see more proof of the darkness and fear that appears to rule the world. So a few weeks ago I asked God to show me that there was goodness, that people's hearts were changing and that there was love in the world. What I saw gave me hope and proof that we have indeed created wonderful energies that others are noticing.
        >
        > I had just left the grocery store and was walking towards my car when I saw an elderly man in a motorized cart, looking very confused. When I asked him what was wrong he told me he had lost his car. I said I would help him as soon as I emptied my cart. So I put my things in my car and walked back towards him. In the meantime, several other people stopped to ask if he needed help and when he told them his story, they also began looking for his car. Then, his cart stopped working so I went into the store to ask if someone could bring him another cart. An employee returned with me, smiling and eager to help this elderly man.
        >
        > As I walked back towards him, I saw that three men had stopped to help fix his cart. And more people were joining them, all of them wanting to help. Soon there was a group of people walking through the parking lot, looking for his car. His car was found, the store manager came out to help him load his few groceries and stayed with him to ensure that his car would start and he could leave the store. All of these people were willing to stop what they were doing and help this man who was a stranger to them. But he needed help and they were willing to give it.
        >
        > Whatever energies we focus on is what we will see in the world. There will be those who think that lying, cheating and stealing are the only way they can get ahead. But the vast majority of people are good, kind and ready for a new way of being. These are the people who are choosing the light over the darkness and in their own unique, small ways, are proof that the world is indeed changing. Although we may not always have proof of the love that we are creating, it is there and we are the ones who are setting that energy. So it is important to stay focused on the love we wish to create in the world and when in doubt, ask for proof of it and it will be shown to you.
        >
        > -------
        > Indeed, "whatever energies we focus on is what we will see in the world."
        >
        > Dottie

        ANOTHER STORY

        Some months ago, I made a trip to David to do a whole list of errands. When I arrived at my bank, I reached i9nto my back pocket and discovered, to my horror, that my wallet was missing. I frantically began retracing my steps, fearing that all was lost. When I reached the parking lot of Chiriqui hospital, the guard noticed that I was looking around for something, and he reached into his pocket and handed me my intact wallet!
      • viajar2566
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2009
          We all have our stories and it's nice to focus on them instead of the "bad" stuff. When I was run off the road on a curve into a ditch near Volcan, I hit a concrete pole, completely sheared off the left front wheel, and had a lot of other damage. The driver who ran me off the road didn't even stop. (I was in shock, but that I wasn't hurt physically is a sign that my work here is not done!) Right after, some wonderful and kind Panamanians stopped and helped me crawl out the passenger side window - the driver's door wouldn't open. They drove me to my house, and then drove my employee to the site so he could arrange to have my truck towed. They wouldn't accept a dime for their help.

          Dottie