Re: [Gringos_in_David_Panama] Re: Transfer of funds......

  • Lonnie Cross
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 1, 2009

      I Didn't Check This On Snopes or Anywhere Else And Do Not Present It As Fact…Lonnie

      On Aug 31, 2009, at 8:52 PM, muskogeerabbit wrote:

      Sorry Don Ray, Wiring a large sum of money to Panama from a bank in the U.S. is no longer a "simple banking operation." Also, please know that credit unions and banks, whether state chartered or federally chartered, operate under a different set of rules and guidelines. Yes, everyone knows that one would have to have the receiving institution' s wiring particulars to send a wire under any circumstances. That was never the question. Let me ask you one simple question.... .Do you know of any bank in the U.S. that will process a wire transfer for me on line.....and. ....Do you know of any bank in the U.S. that will allow me to handle a transfer of funds to Panama via the internet and the internet banking feature of the bank's website? If you do, please tell me....Roger Elder

      Sorry Rodger. I am not going to do your research for you.

      Don Ray
      http://www.chiriqui chatter.net/ blog

      I don't know if this is really applicable, but it's the option we use:

      All direct deposits go into our Bank of America account in Georgia, U.S.A.

      Once a month we go to our Panamanian bank and deposit a check from our B of A account, simultaneously withdrawing a like amount. Been doing it that way since we've been in Panama.

      Lonnie in Puerto Armuelles

      Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members
      MARKETPLACE

    • susanagg1
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 1, 2009
        Why is this topic so contentious? Has everyone forgotten the very important living-in-Panama maxim: One Size Does Not Fit All?
        Some financial institutions make it easy to automate international transfer of funds...others do not.
        There's a REALLY simple way to find out what yours allows: ASK a responsible person. Ask them to give you the rules IN WRITING.
        Then, you can either follow THEIR rules or find a new financial institution that has better policies and procedures. They are out there. For example, brokerage accounts or checking accounts that are linked to brokerage accounts often make it easy to do this - its in their interest to do so and they tend to service more of an "international" clientele who demand this kind of service.
      • David Ursprung
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 1, 2009
          I don't think it's the topic that's contentious

          To: Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com