Re: dog repellent

  • Anne
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 12:20 PM
      Pepper spray will not hurt the dogs, just make them very uncomfortable
      for a while. I don't know about Panama, but you can get pepper sray
      in the states at gun stores. Just make sure you are upwind if you
      deploy it. Tazers also work on daogs, but they are expensive, and
      you'd only be able to get one dog at a time.
    • kelpguy
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3 11:12 AM
        > Pepper spray will not hurt the dogs, just make them very uncomfortable
        > for a while.

        i'd say that's putting it mildly but a bloody leg is uncomfortable too
        and out running a pack of dogs is dangerous. if i hit someone, i'd
        likely get the ticket, not the dogs.

        >I don't know about Panama, but you can get pepper sray
        > in the states at gun stores. Just make sure you are upwind if you
        > deploy it. Tazers also work on daogs, but they are expensive, and
        > you'd only be able to get one dog at a time.

        anne... thanks for your input. i've only had a moto for about 8 months
        and i got a direct off-list reply from an experienced rider that gives
        me a few more options. i learned pepper spray can be purchased in david
        and i don't have any problems when i stay on the main roads but get on a
        side street or go thru a neighborhood and, look out. seems like it's a
        game with some dogs and serious business with others. i don't like the
        serious ones.

        norm : ))~