RE: Septic Tank Maintenance

  • andreyajunkmail
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 30, 2013

      I personally connected The Purple House Hostel to the sewer system about 7 years ago.  Before that, we had a septic tank.  I saw with my own eyes that they filled the tank with debris and sealed it...so I know this was done for a fact.  Not to mention that I had to hire a professional plumber to do the work, and we needed permission from the IDAAN office to break through the street in front of the house in order to connect to the system.  It was quite a project!

      It's been nice.  We still keep the trash pails next to the toilets, because if we don't we are barraged by nervous guests apologizing for flushing their toilet paper.  It's for their peace of mind that we offer the option.  But the truth is that we don't need them.

      It has cut down on odors and other vermin that likes to be around those septic tanks.  (If you have ever had to open your septic tank to get it professionally emptied, you know what I mean.   It's like a horror movie with the swarms of cockroaches that run out of there!)  Ick!

      Andrea

      Andrea

      ---In gringos_in_david_panama@yahoogroups.com, <shadowdancing123@...> wrote:

      Raquel

      Most i believe have been truthful with me.  A couple I know have not. But they are not really any different than people all over. I sure know a lot of liars in the US. LOL

      Now I know that sometimes if they don't know the answer to a question they will make something up so they don't seem rude or stupid, but that's kind of different than outright lying to you. lol The same goes for the people in Costa Rica.

      Joanne

      On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Raquel Frame <raquelframe@...> wrote:

      Joanne,

      Since when are Panamanians truthful, they love to tell you what you want to hear.

      I will catch a lot of heat for that, but they are correct, there are some in Panama who tell it like it is no matter what.

      Raquel, Still Crazy after all these years.  Paul Simon

      On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Joanne Baze <shadowdancing123@...> wrote:

      Raquel

      I don't make the news, I just report it.  When we asked the owner about septic, he said the property is on sewer system. He speaks English so it wasn't a misunderstanding on my part.

      If there is indeed no sewer system in David, then he wasn't truthful. However I have no idea why he would do that.  Your guess is as good as mine.

      Joanne

      On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Raquel Frame <raquelframe@...> wrote:

      Wow, David is on a sewer system.  That is news to me.  When did they create the sewer system?  Also, where is the sewage treatment plant?  Panama was dumping directly into the bay until this year.  They may have finally finished the sewer redirect, but I still have not smelled a sewage treatment plant  in Panama City and I have been looking for it.  I saw the sewer line being dug but that was all.

      Any input would be great, but I suspect there is not a sewer system.

      Raquel

      On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 8:32 AM, Joanne Baze <shadowdancing123@...> wrote:

      Raquel

      You are too funny!  Now that we are on city water/sewer I no longer need worry about it.

      :o) Hugs
      Joanne

      On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Raquel Frame <raquelframe@...> wrote:

      Joanne,

      Yes, and many of yours and my neighbors use kerosene in the septic tanks as well, that leaches into the ground water.  I use septi-pak because I love to flush the Toilet Paper down with the rest of my waste product.  I have found if I do not eat food, I have a cleaner septic system.  I also use less Toilet Paper.  Perhaps that is the better short term solution.

      Love

      Raquel,

      On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Joanne Baze <shadowdancing123@...> wrote:

      Rules?  There are no rules in Septic tanks in Panama. LOL

      No really, other than no TP to be flushed, there doesn't seem to be any rules.  I think mostly only gringo's use regular doses of enzymes.  None of my Panamanian neighbors did and they said they had Saka Kaka to clean it out about every 5 years.

      Not sure that's any help, but it is what it is.

      Joanne

      On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 6:58 AM, Penny Barrett <pjbarrett@...> wrote:

      The locals call this company "Saka Kaka"

      Message 34 of 34 , Oct 1, 2013
        Yet one poster said he was present several years ago when a house was connected to the sewer system in David.  Someone has erroneous data or the David sewer system just carries the waste material to the ocean, since the article said there were no treatment plants.

        From: Monica Del carmen <panamanianlegalservice@...>

        To: Gringos_in_David_Panama <Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com>

        Sent: Sun, Sep 29, 2013 7:14 pm

        Subject: Re: [Gringos_in_David_Panama] Septic Tank
        Maintenance

        Here is a company that make a service of maintenance of
        septic tank the name is in the address book is saka-saka let
        me see if i can tell you the phone number....

        Enviado desde Yahoo! Mail en Android

        chatbratstar@...
        <chatbratstar@...>;

        <Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com>;