Transito Corruption in David

  • J
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1 3:54 PM
      Hey All,

      I got flagged to side by a motor cop for talking on the phone, the DAMNED phone was in my Cargo pants pocket. Tried to call Sgt Nunez once I got back home and the number I have is no longer valid 6959-7171.

      ALSO, went out to Paseo Canoa this afternoon and passed 3 speed traps going out and the same number upon return only in different locations. I MOVED DOWN HERE TO GET AWAY FROM THE POLICE STATE, Ricardo Martinelli is trying his best to catch up with the USSA! Been here for 7 years on 9/15/12 and doubt I will be here much past that.

      ANy one have a current cell # for Sgt Eric Nunez???

      Thanks,

      Jeff
    • RichardK

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1 4:59 PM
          I hate to hear a grown man "SNIVEL" LMAO
          Steve

          To: Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 1 7:00 PM
              And they will probably find something here they will want to get away from. Not addressing Jeff, but people who are thinking of moving here to escape the laws of the U.S.: Panama has laws, too; they just may not be the same ones as in the U.S.

              Connie

            • travel8188@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 2 8:53 AM
                I wish they would have some speed traps on isla Colon! Speaking as a pedestrian and a cyclist (and we are in the majority) the speed at which taxis and SUVs roar past, especially on the road out of town and along the beach, is terrifying. I have been run over by a taxi (ended up in the ER...his multa was $30 and he could have killed me; I met a couple from TX who were pushed off their moped by a taxi and ended up in the ER, and I heard that a local woman was actually KILLED earlier this year by a taxi. Yet the police do nothing!
              • J
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 2 9:58 AM
                  DOES ANYONE HAVE A CURRENT PHONE # FOR SGT NUNEZ????

                  Damn what a bunch of idiots we have here.

                  --- In Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com, "J" <jeff@...> wrote:

                  > Hey All,
                  >
                  > I got flagged to side by a motor cop for talking on the phone, the DAMNED phone was in my Cargo pants pocket. Tried to call Sgt Nunez once I got back home and the number I have is no longer valid 6959-7171.
                  >
                  > ALSO, went out to Paseo Canoa this afternoon and passed 3 speed traps going out and the same number upon return only in different locations. I MOVED DOWN HERE TO GET AWAY FROM THE POLICE STATE, Ricardo Martinelli is trying his best to catch up with the USSA! Been here for 7 years on 9/15/12 and doubt I will be here much past that.
                  >
                  > ANy one have a current cell # for Sgt Eric Nunez???
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > Jeff

                • Michael
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 2 12:10 PM
                    One just needs to drive the speed limit and dont talk on the cell phone in front of a cop. They dont mess with you if you are following the law. They are always at the major crossings looking for speeders. If you want to know why, park your car at the crossing and try to walk across the highway. It is extremely dangerous because there is always some idiot speeding. And if you hit someone, you will be in jail with wild bill for awhile.

                    --- In Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com, "J" <jeff@...> wrote:

                    > Hey All,
                    >
                    > I got flagged to side by a motor cop for talking on the phone, the DAMNED phone was in my Cargo pants pocket. Tried to call Sgt Nunez once I got back home and the number I have is no longer valid 6959-7171.
                    >
                    > ALSO, went out to Paseo Canoa this afternoon and passed 3 speed traps going out and the same number upon return only in different locations. I MOVED DOWN HERE TO GET AWAY FROM THE POLICE STATE, Ricardo Martinelli is trying his best to catch up with the USSA! Been here for 7 years on 9/15/12 and doubt I will be here much past that.
                    >
                    > ANy one have a current cell # for Sgt Eric Nunez???
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > Jeff

                  • Michael 2918
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 2 1:22 PM

                      No Michael, I have been flagged on 5 occasions for no seat belt worn (it was), for talking on a cell phone (it was in my bag in the back) and the Transito tried to ask for a fine of $20 or $30 or $50.  When I argued (and in 3 cases there were witnesses who joined in the arguement) the Transito shrugged his shoulders and walked off.

                      Its what they do to supplement their income.  They spy a Gringo in a big car or whatever and target them.  sad to say :-(((

                      Michael

                      Live fully, love deeply, tread lightly

                      To: Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com
                      From: michaeljdurst@...
                      Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 19:10:05 +0000
                      Subject: [Gringos_in_David_Panama] Re: Transito Corruption in David

                      One just needs to drive the speed limit and dont talk on the cell phone in front of a cop. They dont mess with you if you are following the law. They are always at the major crossings looking for speeders. If you want to know why, park your car at the crossing and try to walk across the highway. It is extremely dangerous because there is always some idiot speeding. And if you hit someone, you will be in jail with wild bill for awhile.

                      --- In Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com, "J" <jeff@...> wrote:

                      > Hey All,
                      >
                      > I got flagged to side by a motor cop for talking on the phone, the DAMNED phone was in my Cargo pants pocket. Tried to call Sgt Nunez once I got back home and the number I have is no longer valid 6959-7171.
                      >
                      > ALSO, went out to Paseo Canoa this afternoon and passed 3 speed traps going out and the same number upon return only in different locations. I MOVED DOWN HERE TO GET AWAY FROM THE POLICE STATE, Ricardo Martinelli is trying his best to catch up with the USSA! Been here for 7 years on 9/15/12 and doubt I will be here much past that.
                      >
                      > ANy one have a current cell # for Sgt Eric Nunez???
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      >
                      > Jeff

                    • tuscan_man_1
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 3 7:21 AM

                        Exfuncionarios de la ATTT fingían retenes para cobrar coimas

                        Elio Núñez

                        DELITO. Dos exfuncionarios de la Autoridad del Tránsito y Transporte Terrestre fueron detenidos en el corregimiento de Pacora cuando cobraban coimas a conductores que supuestamente habían cometido infracciones. El subcomisionado Olmedo Miranda manifestó que los dos sujetos fueron sorprendidos, en horas de la mañana de ayer, portando uniformes de la institución, boleteras e, incluso, colocaban conos para hacer ver que se trataba de un retén. Estas dos personas permanecen detenidas.

                        http://www.prensa.com/impreso/panorama/exfuncionarios-de-la-attt-fingian-retenes-para-cobrar-coimas/97357