Re: [Gringos_in_David_Panama] ENGLISH INSTRUCTOR NEED IN DAVID

  • colin hopton
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2006
      Hi AL.

      Read this post with interest and  offer my help.

      I live in Dolega but unfortunately speak 'English English' as I am a Brit.  That can be a litle confusing to persons learening from an American dictionary.

      Email is  colinhopton@...

      phone  776 0405

      Colin

      All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.
    • Beverly

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2006
          I think the individual was looking for an English speaking individual.
          Does "texan" qualify as an English language? hehehehe!
          See ya'll in a few of days!
          Jeff a midwestern, southern speaking individual

          --- In Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com, Beverly <barmbro@...>
          wrote:

          > i will be there in a week or two and would love to help. but i
          speak "texan". think they would mind?

          > colin hopton <colinhopton@...> wrote: Hi AL.
          >
          > Read this post with interest and offer my help.
          >
          > I live in Dolega but unfortunately speak 'English English' as I am a
          Brit. That can be a litle confusing to persons learening from an
          American dictionary.

          > Email is colinhopton@...
          >
          > phone 776 0405
          >
          > Colin
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard
          protect you.

        • Beverly
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2006
            hahahaha, jeff....yes it does qualify and btw, its "y'all". hee hee hee.    can you imagine how interesting it would be to have some panamanians come away with texas accents?  lol.  i would be happy to help.  i have taught in the past but it was kindergarten.  so i am primed to start "at the beginning".   and in the meantime maybe i can learn spanish?  what a treat to be able to help.  i will be there in a couple weeks.

            bevy in austin texas, home of willie, waylon and the boys.

            wrote:

            > i will be there in a week or two and would love to help. but i
            speak "texan". think they would mind?

            > colin hopton <colinhopton@ ...> wrote: Hi AL.
            >
            > Read this post with interest and offer my help.
            >
            > I live in Dolega but unfortunately speak 'English English' as I am a
            Brit. That can be a litle confusing to persons learening from an
            American dictionary.

            > Email is colinhopton@ ...
            >
            > phone 776 0405
            >
            > Colin
            >

            > ------------ --------- --------- ---
            > All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard
            protect you.

          • shirleybickers
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2, 2006
              Hi Al
              Can your give us more information? How much time commitment do you
              need... how many times per week... where... when..
              I am sure you can count on many of us to help, just give us the details.
              Thanks
              Shirley

              --- In Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com, "ALBERT M. WHITE"
              <pty600@...> wrote:

              > IF ANY EXPATS LIVING IN DAVID HAVE ABILITY TO HELP INSTRUCT
              > PANAMA ENGLISH TEACHER IMPROVE THEIR TEACHING SKILLS THERE ARE
              > PROGRAMS THAT ARE TRYING TO BE DEVELOP IN DAVID. CONTACT ME
              > OFF LINE SO I CAN DIRECT YOU TO THE PERSONS IN DAVID NEED HELP
              >
              > AL WHITE PTY600 AT YAHOO.COM

            • Jeff Mathison
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 2, 2006
                hahaha...Okay, one misplaced ' It's the Georgian in me. At least we
                know what y'all means - singular and plural, male and female gender,
                formal and informal,too! So, to keep it about Gringos in David, "Como
                estas y'all en David?"
                We can do some real teaching now, ya hear? HEE HAW!!
                See y'all in a few days.
                Jeff

                wrote:

                > hahahaha, jeff....yes it does qualify and btw, its "y'all". hee hee
                hee. can you imagine how interesting it would be to have some
                panamanians come away with texas accents? lol. i would be happy to
                help. i have taught in the past but it was kindergarten. so i am
                primed to start "at the beginning". and in the meantime maybe i can
                learn spanish? what a treat to be able to help. i will be there in a
                couple weeks.

                > bevy in austin texas, home of willie, waylon and the boys.
                >
                > Jeff Mathison <talcehq@...> wrote:
                > I think the individual was looking for an English speaking
                individual.
                > Does "texan" qualify as an English language? hehehehe!
                > See ya'll in a few of days!
                > Jeff a midwestern, southern speaking individual
                >
                > --- In Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com, Beverly <barmbro@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > i will be there in a week or two and would love to help. but i
                > speak "texan". think they would mind?
                > >
                > > colin hopton <colinhopton@> wrote: Hi AL.
                > >
                > > Read this post with interest and offer my help.
                > >
                > > I live in Dolega but unfortunately speak 'English English' as I am a
                > Brit. That can be a litle confusing to persons learening from an
                > American dictionary.
                > >
                > > Email is colinhopton@
                > >
                > > phone 776 0405
                > >
                > > Colin

                > > All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard
                > protect you.

              • Beverly
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 2, 2006
                  yes i wonder what the equivalent is in spanish....