hulu

  • ray@straycatvi.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
      We have been watching free movies from Hulu using hotspot shield for a
      year of so. 2 days ago I started getting an error message the says they
      can detect the masking software and will not allow me access.

      Any one know a solution?

      Donna & Ray
    • Johanna Johnson
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012

        Ray

        There may never be a solution for this problem. I use to use pirate bay to download u-torrents of movies and books but the "powers that be" have gone after all of these companies and shut them down. Now the hackers have gone after them and basically it is a war out there. We will just have to see who wins the war. The hackers are taking this very seriously as are the different governments that have joined together to shut them down. I gave up and joined Netflix for Panama but it is pretty lame with really old movies and TV so I guess I will watch what I have not seen before and then cancel. Maybe by then the hackers will have won.

        --
        Johanna Johnson
        Mata Del Nancy, David, Panama

      • susanagg1
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
          I can get Hulu with hidemyass VPN pro which I just installed last week, based on recommendations from this group and PF. It still works. I have never heard a complaint from any hidemyass users, but I've heard various complaints from many hotspot shield users. Its worth a try. I got a year's subscription but you can get a trial subscription.
          There's never a guarantee that one provider or another won't defeat your software. I am not sure how hotspot works but hidemyass has a virtual private network, which is different, though I'm not sure I completely understand the difference.

          --- In Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com, <ray@...> wrote:

          > We have been watching free movies from Hulu using hotspot shield for a
          > year of so. 2 days ago I started getting an error message the says they
          > can detect the masking software and will not allow me access.
          >
          > Any one know a solution?
          >
          > Donna & Ray

        • susanagg1
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
            Netflix for Panama isn't worth even a free trial. I do have a free trial ongoing now using USA netflix with hidemyass, and while it does not offer current TV series or current or recent major movies, it has a great collection of independent films, I've watched two so far and they were excellent. Most recently, I watched "The Situation," a thriller about the war in Iraq. I gave it 5 stars.

          • epaniza@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
              Have a friend moving from DC to panama do you have a moving company that would like to recommend ? The one I used 3 yrs ago, was a nightmare
              Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

              From: "susanagg1" <susanagg2@...>
              Sender: Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 12:23:37 -0000
              To: <Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com>
              ReplyTo: Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: [Gringos_in_David_Panama] Re: hulu

              I can get Hulu with hidemyass VPN pro which I just installed last week, based on recommendations from this group and PF. It still works. I have never heard a complaint from any hidemyass users, but I've heard various complaints from many hotspot shield users. Its worth a try. I got a year's subscription but you can get a trial subscription.
              There's never a guarantee that one provider or another won't defeat your software. I am not sure how hotspot works but hidemyass has a virtual private network, which is different, though I'm not sure I completely understand the difference.

              --- In Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com, <ray@...> wrote:

              > We have been watching free movies from Hulu using hotspot shield for a
              > year of so. 2 days ago I started getting an error message the says they
              > can detect the masking software and will not allow me access.
              >
              > Any one know a solution?
              >
              > Donna & Ray

            • kodiakgringo
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
                It is not unusual for HSS not to get through. Disconnect and reconnect (sometimes you will need to do this several times until you get in). HSS used free proxy servers hence the issue. Personally could not deal with all the ads or this element and have been using a VPN for a couple years now without a hitch for Netflix and Hulu. BTW my US Netflix account works for the Panama version if the VPN isn't up.
                Later,

                --- In Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com, <ray@...> wrote:

                > We have been watching free movies from Hulu using hotspot shield for a
                > year of so. 2 days ago I started getting an error message the says they
                > can detect the masking software and will not allow me access.
                >
                > Any one know a solution?
                >
                > Donna & Ray

              • Michael Lunsford
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012

                  VPN is a Virtual Private Network. It creates a private ‘tunnel’ so to speak between to IP addresses that use encryption to send the data between the two points, VPN is quite secure but as the data packets are encrypted, no outside sniffing software can see inside the transport packet to reject it and generally the data is unreadable to most everyone not having a super computer to de-encrypt the data stream.  As it takes a finite and good  amount of additional CPU cycles to do the encryption and decryptions, this method is not as efficient as a straight IP connection and so it will not be as fast.  That’s being said, not to worry, if the workstation, the host server and the connection are fast enough ( most are today)  VPN encryption will hardly be noticed to the human.   VPN also counts on both sides knowing about the other and exchanging a key at some time.   Hence why the service costs money.

                  As Susan has said, even this method can be rejected anywhere in the data path by anyone knowing the IP addresses of the undesirable source or destination IP addresses. Even when using a VPN the data packets, still include a source and target IP address in their outermost encapsulation. Routers and switches need this to send and receive the data to the correct destinations,   and so if an ‘agency’ wants to stop the data flow in a VPN, they only have to block the traffic at key routing points but that takes judicial , law enforcement and or palm greasing to get done. No easy task.   Finding out where the VPN server is based usually requires the agency to use more social engineering strategies and they start an account of their own using the service and sniff ( trace )  the paths homing in on the building and eventually company that runs the site.    Properly equipped and with an agent in the target city empowered with the correct legal means can shut down a site in as fast as it takes them to drive to the IPS center and engage the management and them the technicians and with a few keystrokes, the site is down.

                  I can get Hulu with hidemyass VPN pro which I just installed last week, based on recommendations from this group and PF. It still works. I have never heard a complaint from any hidemyass users, but I've heard various complaints from many hotspot shield users. Its worth a try. I got a year's subscription but you can get a trial subscription.
                  There's never a guarantee that one provider or another won't defeat your software. I am not sure how hotspot works but hidemyass has a virtual private network, which is different, though I'm not sure I completely understand the difference.

                  --- In Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com, <ray@...> wrote:

                  > We have been watching free movies from Hulu using hotspot shield for a
                  > year of so. 2 days ago I started getting an error message the says they
                  > can detect the masking software and will not allow me access.
                  >
                  > Any one know a solution?
                  >
                  > Donna & Ray

                • tuscan_man_1
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
                    what has this to do with hulu?

                    --- In Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com, epaniza@... wrote:

                    > Have a friend moving from DC to panama do you have a moving company that would like to recommend ? The one I used 3 yrs ago, was a nightmare
                    >
                    > Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone
                  • Wade S
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
                      Maybe you should try Pirate Bay again, I just used it today, but another site you can use is bt junkie.

                      --- In Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com, Johanna Johnson <curiousgoods66@...> wrote:

                      > Ray
                      >
                      > There may never be a solution for this problem. I use to use pirate bay to
                      > download u-torrents of movies and books but the "powers that be" have gone
                      > after all of these companies and shut them down. Now the hackers have gone
                      > after them and basically it is a war out there. We will just have to see
                      > who wins the war. The hackers are taking this very seriously as are the
                      > different governments that have joined together to shut them down. I gave
                      > up and joined Netflix for Panama but it is pretty lame with really old
                      > movies and TV so I guess I will watch what I have not seen before and then
                      > cancel. Maybe by then the hackers will have won.
                      >
                      > Johanna Johnson
                      >

                      > Ray
                      > There may never be a solution for this problem
                      >
                      > On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 5:50 AM, ray@... wrote:
                      >
                      > > **
                      > >

                      > > We have been watching free movies from Hulu using hotspot shield for a
                      > > year of so. 2 days ago I started getting an error message the says they
                      > > can detect the masking software and will not allow me access.
                      > >
                      > > Any one know a solution?
                      > >
                      > > Donna & Ray
                      > >

                      > --
                      > Johanna Johnson
                      > Mata Del Nancy, David, Panama
                      > Skype Number US - 501-588-0410
                      > Sktpe Name curiousgoods
                      > Panama Phone - 11-507-6843-0040

                    • Eric P.
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012

                        You can use unblock-us (we have been using it for the past year) and Hulu works fine as does Netflix (US), network channels, etc….

                        If you choose to download the shows (no commercials) and no wacky streaming and view entire season’s of shows you can use    eztv.it.

                        The other torrent download sites can be a bit dangerous if you’re not careful…

                        Maybe you should try Pirate Bay again, I just used it today, but another site you can use is bt junkie.

                        --- In Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com, Johanna Johnson <curiousgoods66@...> wrote:

                        > Ray
                        >
                        > There may never be a solution for this problem. I use to use pirate bay to
                        > download u-torrents of movies and books but the "powers that be" have gone
                        > after all of these companies and shut them down. Now the hackers have gone
                        > after them and basically it is a war out there. We will just have to see
                        > who wins the war. The hackers are taking this very seriously as are the
                        > different governments that have joined together to shut them down. I gave
                        > up and joined Netflix for Panama but it is pretty lame with really old
                        > movies and TV so I guess I will watch what I have not seen before and then
                        > cancel. Maybe by then the hackers will have won.
                        >
                        > Johanna Johnson
                        >

                        > Ray
                        > There may never be a solution for this problem
                        >
                        > On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 5:50 AM, ray@... wrote:
                        >
                        > > **
                        > >

                        > > We have been watching free movies from Hulu using hotspot shield for a
                        > > year of so. 2 days ago I started getting an error message the says they
                        > > can detect the masking software and will not allow me access.
                        > >
                        > > Any one know a solution?
                        > >
                        > > Donna & Ray
                        > >

                        > --
                        > Johanna Johnson
                        > Mata Del Nancy, David, Panama
                        > Skype Number US - 501-588-0410
                        > Sktpe Name curiousgoods
                        > Panama Phone - 11-507-6843-0040

                      • Kim ford
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
                          We just used Rainier and they were wonderful. From beginning to end they went over and beyond we were thrilled with the service. Our container was delivered today.  We arrived on the 12th of January.

                          From: "susanagg1" <susanagg2@...>
                          Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 12:23:37 -0000

                          I can get Hulu with hidemyass VPN pro which I just installed last week, based on recommendations from this group and PF. It still works. I have never heard a complaint from any hidemyass users, but I've heard various complaints from many hotspot shield users. Its worth a try. I got a year's subscription but you can get a trial subscription.
                          There's never a guarantee that one provider or another won't defeat your software. I am not sure how hotspot works but hidemyass has a virtual private network, which is different, though I'm not sure I completely understand the difference.

                          --- In Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com, <ray@...> wrote:

                          > We have been watching free movies from Hulu using hotspot shield for a
                          > year of so. 2 days ago I started getting an error message the says they
                          > can detect the masking software and will not allow me access.
                          >
                          > Any one know a solution?
                          >
                          > Donna & Ray

                          3 I4H<ãQòØýqÓ0´“DƒÎ5-