RE: [Gringos_in_David_Panama] Spanish language school books

  • ray@straycatvi.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
      The book store next to the Catholic Church on Cervantes Park has what
      you want.

      Donna & Ray
      Visit our web site WWW.StrayCatVI.com

      > We have a worker who dropped out of school and needs some education. We would like to buy him some arithmetic and reading books, in Spanish. Does anyone know of a bookstore in David that sells educational books? It would be even better if we could find books intended for young adults (he is 18) rather than children, so they aren't too boring. He only got as far as 4th grade and has very poor arithmetic skills. My husband is working with him on arithmetic but he needs more structured learning materials, and also some easy to read books that he can read for fun. Reading for fun is the best way to learn to read, rather than "lesson" stuff.
    • Leslie McPeak
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
        I don't know about Spanish but luckily for math, language is universal.
        Try edhelper on the web. Amazing amount of material- free

        Leslie McPeak- lesliemcpeak@...

        The book store next to the Catholic Church on Cervantes Park has what
        you want.

        Donna & Ray
        Visit our web site WWW.StrayCatVI.com

        > We have a worker who dropped out of school and needs some education. We would like to buy him some arithmetic and reading books, in Spanish. Does anyone know of a bookstore in David that sells educational books? It would be even better if we could find books intended for young adults (he is 18) rather than children, so they aren't too boring. He only got as far as 4th grade and has very poor arithmetic skills. My husband is working with him on arithmetic but he needs more structured learning materials, and also some easy to read books that he can read for fun. Reading for fun is the best way to learn to read, rather than "lesson" stuff.

      • conniegrant1
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2010
          For fun reading, how about the Harry Potter books in Spanish? I imagine the bookstore (Hombre de la Mancha?) in Chiriqui Mall would have them and I have seen some of them in Arrocha.
          Connie