Re: [Gringos_in_David_Panama] Overdue fine?

  • You Have Mail
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2010
      I flew out of the Panama Airport in January 2010 on my way to Atlanta , Georgia. Panamanian immigration did not stamp mine or anyone else's passport. They just asked me and everyone else for my boarding pass and glanced at my passport (making sure the name on the boarding pass and the passport were the same) and that was it. In other words there were not placing the exit stamp at all. I did not like the fact they did not stamp my passport, so I went to the  counter at the concourse and asked "why don't they stamp exit visas"? The reply was...............that is the "new" system. Is this same system still in effect now (April 2010)? I have no idea.

      On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Mary <camrykaland@...> wrote:

      An American friend is scheduled to fly out of Panama City for the US two days after her 90-day tourist visa expires. Can she get an extension ahead of time for the 2 extra days? Better still, could she simply pay a fine at the airport? Thanks for information, Mary

      --
      MEDICUS REMEMDIUM
    • Gary Kirkpatrick
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
        I just flew to the US and no one stamped my passport.

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
          It seems to be so, we went to Panama on March and de USA immigration didn't stamp our exit passport, but Panama did stamp our "entrada"  when we arrived in Panama. When we left Panama immigration just look at the boarding pass and at our arrival to Orlando, USA stamp our "admitted" stamp.

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
              She can pay the fine in David before she leaves.

              Direccion Nacional de Migracion

              Tel  775-4515
                      775-6823
              or any taxi driver in David to find the place.

              An American friend is scheduled to fly out of Panama City for the US two days after her 90-day tourist visa expires. Can she get an extension ahead of time for the 2 extra days? Better still, could she simply pay a fine at the airport? Thanks for information, Mary

              ¡Obtén la mejor experiencia en la web!
              Descarga gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 8
              http://downloads.yahoo.com/ieak8/?l=e1