RE: [Gringos_in_David_Panama] Help on Using Voipbuster

  • Shirley Bickers
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
      Hi Bill,
      I use skype.  It cost 2 cents a minute to call the US.  Similar to Germany, unless you are calling a cell phone there.  Skype is free for pc to pc calls to anyone with skype.  There web site will tell you the rates and it is easy.  Dial up connection does not work well, you need dsl or cable connection.  Call me if you need more information.  Pete used a voip that is free also, he can tell you about that one.
      Shirley

      To: Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com
      From: wapagel@...
      Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:24:33 -0800
      Subject: Re: [Gringos_in_David_Panama] Help on Using Voipbuster

      Thanks for the info.  I am busy as a one armed paper hanger tomorrow (bills to pay, etc), but I would appreciate a call early Saturday or Sunday, if that's possible.  I have no regular phone, but a cell phone (507-6674-4841).  If that's a problem, I understand.
      FYI:  The calls I want to make are PC (Panama) to cell phone (USA) and PC (Panama) to land line (Germany).
      Thanks again.
      Bill

      Jonathan Hotchkiss <yarisleykm@...> wrote:
      That's clearly the same entity as VOIPStunt. Interesting.

      Firstly you really benefit greatly from a headset with mike.  If you have a landline phone in Panama send it to me and I can call you direct and walk you through the process.

      Even if all the calls you want to make are FREE you still need to deposit a small amount of money ($10) in order to make calls.

      Are you trying to call PC to PC or PC to Landline Phone or PC to Mobile phone?

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
        For whatever reason, it costs $.02/minute to call PC-Telephone, USA to Panama.  It cost $.20/minute to call any cell phone in Panama.  Unless we are sleeping together or established friends, I think it unlikely that I will spend that kind of money on a cell phone.  PC-PC works for free, always.  If you can logon to this forum and type, it is likely that you have the ability to expand that to voice communication.

        Your computer needs speakers and a microphone.  That is best accomplished with a headset incorporating both earphones and a microphone.  External speakers and microphone can work but are usually plagued with feedback and echo issues.

        www.skype.com gets you the best PC-PC program.  www.voipstunt.com has the cheapest good-working rates I have experienced.

        I am cuidate on Skype.  Skype me.  Even when someone is not online, you can leave a chat message.  I'll call back.

        Look on both those sites.  You will find a very inexpensive way to call your friends.  It might even be free.  Do let us know what you find, won't you?