Thanksgiving?

  • drache613
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2009
      Hello Everyone,

      Just wondering if you celebrated Thanksgiving down there or not since it is not a holiday for Panama?/

      Tracie
    • David Ursprung
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2009
        Individually.  Some knowledgeable restaurants provided a real T-giving meal.

        To: Gringos_in_David_Panama@yahoogroups.com
        From: drache613@...
        Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 06:32:36 +0000
        Subject: [Gringos_in_David_Panama] Thanksgiving?

        Hello Everyone,

        Just wondering if you celebrated Thanksgiving down there or not since it is not a holiday for Panama?/

        Tracie

      • Johanna Johnson
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2009
          Tracie,
          Yes we do! Several Times! When you move here you end up making Canadian and American friends, so the result is just as you are yearning for the American Thanksgiving to hurry up and get here! Those wonderful Canadians have their Thanksgiving in October! Then you of course invite them to the American Thanksgiving! Then I have a friend that wants to get together and have another turkey dinner between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have decided to call this "Thank Christ there is another dead turkey day!" I am not trying to be sacrilegious here it is Short for Thanksgiving and Christmas combined! LOL and then there is always Christmas. You are correct the Panamanians do not celebrate Thanksgiving but us gringos REALLY do! My advise to you is if you hate turkey do not make friends here!
          Sincerel
          Johanna Johnson

          On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 1:32 AM, drache613 <drache613@...> wrote:

          Hello Everyone,

          Just wondering if you celebrated Thanksgiving down there or not since it is not a holiday for Panama?/

          Tracie

        • muskogeerabbit
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2009
            Here is what I did.