7815Re: [Gregorian] Perosi "Transitus Animae"

  • Joseph Cirou
    Nov 26 11:01 PM
      I think Transitus Animae is my favorite among the Perosi Oratorios. It was the first I had ever heard and performed. I think it is really well constructed and composed and that juxtaposition of the contralto solo with the chorus really works. KayGriffel was the first soloist I heard, I think she was a real contralto. Then Elizabeth Fischer did it and she is more of a dramatic soprano. These are the people I knew who performed it with Fr. Sylvano Bosi.

      Thanks for the links. I have subscribed. I think I have seen some of them before.

      Joe Cirou

      On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 7:38 PM, leonardo ciampa <leonardociampa@...> wrote:

      I can't seem to listen to this without bawling.  Maybe you'll have better luck?  And for the record: I'd like this sung at my funeral, please.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic