7813Re: [Gregorian] Prose vs. Trope

  • Andris Amolins
    Nov 26, 2013
      On 25.11.2013. 21:23, Bud Clark wrote:

      > I certainly don't know the entire Gregorian repertoire by heart, but I
      > can't connect any of the present Roman Rite sequences, OR the large
      > number of Sarum Usage sequences transcribed by Dr. Palmer, with any
      > known alleluia melodies.

      Lauda Sion has been identified with some Alleluja, though not with that
      of Corpus Christi. I don't remember which Alleluja it was. The melody of
      the Sequence is older than the Aquinas' text and originally had
      different text for a different feast.

      With enough phantasy, Veni Sancte Spiritus has some relationship with
      the Alleluja verse Veni Sancte Spiritus.

      Andris Amolins
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic