Reminder - Greenwood Community Council Meeting

  • Greenwood_News@egroups.com
    Message 1 of 17 , May 1, 2000

      Greenwood Community Council Meeting

      Date: Tuesday, May 2, 2000
      Time: 7:00PM - 8:30PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

      Monthly meeting of the Greenwood Community Council held the
      first Tuesday of every month at the Greenwood Boys' and Girls'
      Club, 8635 Fremont Ave N. For more information contact Michael
      McGinn, (206) 892 2131 or michael.mcginn@...
    • Greenwood_News@egroups.com
      Message 2 of 17 , May 30, 2000

        Greenwood Community Council Meeting

        Date: Tuesday, June 6, 2000
        Time: 7:00PM - 8:30PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

        Monthly meeting of the Greenwood Community Council held the
        first Tuesday of every month. The June meeting is at Egan Hall
        on 79th just west of Greenwood Avenue. For more information
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 5 7:02 PM

          Greenwood Community Council Meeting

          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 27 7:02 PM

            Greenwood Community Council Meeting

            Date: Tuesday, July 4, 2000
            Time: 7:00PM - 8:30PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

            Monthly meeting of the Greenwood Community Council held the
            first Tuesday of every month. The July meeting will be
            rescheduled (because it is the fourth of July), time and place
            still to be determined. For more information contact Michael
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 3, 2000

              Greenwood Community Council Meeting

              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 25, 2000

                Greenwood Community Council Meeting

                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 31, 2000

                  Greenwood Community Council Meeting

                  Date: Tuesday, August 1, 2000
                  Time: 7:00PM - 8:30PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

                  The Monthly meeting of the Greenwood Community Council held the
                  first Tuesday of every month. Per long tradition, August
                  Meeting of the Greenwood Community Council is cancelled.
                  September meeting is on, place to be determined. For more
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 29, 2000

                    Greenwood Community Council Meeting

                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 4, 2000

                      Greenwood Community Council Meeting

                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 26, 2000

                        Greenwood Community Council Meeting

                        Date: Tuesday, October 3, 2000
                        Time: 7:00PM - 8:30PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

                        The Monthly meeting of the Greenwood Community Council held the
                        first Tuesday of every month. For more information contact
                        Message 11 of 17 , Oct 2, 2000

                          Greenwood Community Council Meeting

                          Date: Tuesday, October 3, 2000
                          Time: 7:00PM - 8:30PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

                          The next Greenwood Community Council meeting is Tuesday, October
                          3 at 7:00 p.m. at the Phinney Ridge Lutheran Church (Fellowship
                          Room), 7500 Greenwood Ave. North.

                          The primary agenda item is learn more about what you can do to
                          support the Pro Parks initiative, which has funding for the
                          construction of Greenwood Park, and funding for the Woodland
                          Park Zoo. If you want to help Greenwood Park, please attend.

                          We will also have a speaker describe a new low income housing
                          development planned for 85th, between 3rd and 8th NW.

                          Other agenda items include a report on the "Main Street" plan.
                          As part of the Neighborhood Planning Process, the
                          Greenwood-Phinney Neighborhood received a grant to help plan the
                          development of Greenwood Avenue and 85th Street.

                          We will also have a representative from SEATRAN describe a
                          proposed project on 87th between Phinney and Dayton Avenues.

                          Finally, we hope to receive a report on the new library planned
                          for the McDonald's site, as well as a report on the Safeway
                          development.

                          If you have questions, please contact
                          michael.mcginn@...
                        • Greenwood_News@egroups.com
                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 31, 2000

                            Greenwood Community Council Meeting

                            Message 13 of 17 , Nov 2, 2000
                              Greenwood residents
                              Here's an opportunity to comment on City budget
                              priorities...

                              Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:31:50 -0800
                              From: Timothy Harris <rchange@...>
                              To: First Things First LAN-MS <rchange@...>
                              Subject: Seattle City Councilmember Jan Drago Says,
                              "Tell Us What You Want" Please Testify or Call

                              Yesterday's Seattle Times published a guest column by
                              Jan Drago,
                              calling for
                              silent voters, possibly against human services
                              spending, to speak up
                              and
                              contact her office.

                              She expressed concern over the city's tax burden, and
                              wanted to know if
                              her
                              silent phone lines meant people really want services
                              in our fair city.
                              Noting our success organizing folks to speak up for
                              funding for
                              emergency
                              services and housing, she wrote,

                              "So far, the testimony we heard at our Oct. 11 budget
                              public hearing is
                              that
                              people want to spend even more money on human services
                              and homelessness
                              than
                              the mayor proposed. Many said that they were willing
                              to tax themselves
                              pay for it. Does this opinion reflect your voice?/
                              What do you think
                              Seattle?"

                              While it's great that our voice was heard earlier this
                              month, given
                              that
                              she's asking to hear from "the other side" we need to
                              counter with an
                              affirmative voice. Yes! We Support Services and
                              Housing! We support
                              The City Council's stated priorities: survival
                              services and affordable
                              housing! The mayor's budget does not use the current
                              revenue increase
                              address these needs! The council must step up
                              efforts!

                              CALL JAN DRAGO 684-8801

                              or e-mail her at: Jan.Drago@...

                              OTHER COUNCIL MEMBERS:
                              mailto: richard.conlin@...
                              684-8805
                              mailto: richard.mciver@...
                              684-8800
                              mailto: heidi.wills@...
                              684-8808
                              mailto: jim.compton@...
                              684-8802
                              mailto: margaret.pageler@...
                              684-8807
                              mailto: nick.licata@...
                              684-8803
                              mailto: judy.nicastro@...
                              684-8806
                              mailto: peter.steinbrueck@...
                              684-8804

                              Jan Drago's column can be viewed at Seattletimes.com,
                              Look at Archives
                              under
                              Jan Drago.

                              Don't forget your opportunity to testify tomorrow at
                              5:30, if you can't
                              make
                              it, e-mailed testimony is taken at 4:30.

                              DIRECTIONS ON EMAILING TESTIMONY:
                              Send an email to budget@... . In order
                              for the e-mail to
                              be
                              read out loud during the hearing, send your e-mail
                              after 4 p.m. Email
                              sent
                              before 4 p.m. or after 5:30 will be part of the public
                              record, although
                              not
                              part of the hearing.

                              Thanks! From First Things First
                              Questions? Call Jan Munger at Real Change at
                              956-9472

                              From homework help to love advice, Yahoo! Experts has your answer.
                              http://experts.yahoo.com/
                            • Jason T. Dorsey
                              Message 14 of 17 , Nov 2, 2000
                                To whom this may concern,

                                Our church, Green Lake Presbyterian, is sponsoring an art night titled
                                "Innocence" on November 18th, from 7:00-10:00pm. We will explore the theme
                                of innocence through a fusion of music, poetry, drama and art. Artists from
                                our church and also the local community will be participating.

                                Featuring the music of Greg Lang, Amy Ferguson, and the band Evergreen;
                                mixed media paintings by Theresa Selby and Kristen Cochran; and the
                                meaningful prings of photographer Jerry Davis.

                                Order of Evening
                                7:00 appetizers, open gallery & live music
                                8:00 welcome, opening remarks & poetry
                                8:30 concert begins
                                9:30 meet the artists

                                The church is located 6318 Linden Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98103

                                I'm not sure if this is a forum that announcements like can be made...Please
                                let me know. If you have any questions or would like to contact me call
                                Jason (789-7320; jason@...).

                                thanks,

                                jason dorsey

                              • Greenwood_News@yahoogroups.com
                                Message 15 of 17 , Mar 27, 2001

                                  Greenwood Community Council Meeting

                                  Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2001
                                  Time: 7:00PM - 8:30PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

                                  Greenwood Community Council Meeting, 7:00 P.M., Greenwood
                                  Neighborhood Service Center, 8515 Greenwood Avenue North.
                                • Greenwood_News@yahoogroups.com
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 2, 2001

                                    Greenwood Community Council Meeting

                                    Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2001
                                    Time: 7:30PM - 9:00PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

                                    Greenwood Community Council Meeting, 7:30 P.M., PNA Building,
                                    Phinney Ave (the big blue old schoolhouse near Starbucks and Red
                                    Mill).