Reminder - Greenwood Community Council Meeting

  • Greenwood_News@egroups.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 2, 2000

      Greenwood Community Council Meeting

      Date: Tuesday, October 3, 2000
      Time: 7:00PM - 8:30PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

      The next Greenwood Community Council meeting is Tuesday, October
      3 at 7:00 p.m. at the Phinney Ridge Lutheran Church (Fellowship
      Room), 7500 Greenwood Ave. North.

      The primary agenda item is learn more about what you can do to
      support the Pro Parks initiative, which has funding for the
      construction of Greenwood Park, and funding for the Woodland
      Park Zoo. If you want to help Greenwood Park, please attend.

      We will also have a speaker describe a new low income housing
      development planned for 85th, between 3rd and 8th NW.

      Other agenda items include a report on the "Main Street" plan.
      As part of the Neighborhood Planning Process, the
      Greenwood-Phinney Neighborhood received a grant to help plan the
      development of Greenwood Avenue and 85th Street.

      We will also have a representative from SEATRAN describe a
      proposed project on 87th between Phinney and Dayton Avenues.

      Finally, we hope to receive a report on the new library planned
      for the McDonald's site, as well as a report on the Safeway
      development.

      If you have questions, please contact
      michael.mcginn@...
    • Greenwood_News@egroups.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 31, 2000

        Greenwood Community Council Meeting

        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 2, 2000
          Greenwood residents
          Here's an opportunity to comment on City budget
          priorities...

          Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:31:50 -0800
          From: Timothy Harris <rchange@...>
          To: First Things First LAN-MS <rchange@...>
          Subject: Seattle City Councilmember Jan Drago Says,
          "Tell Us What You Want" Please Testify or Call

          Yesterday's Seattle Times published a guest column by
          Jan Drago,
          calling for
          silent voters, possibly against human services
          spending, to speak up
          and
          contact her office.

          She expressed concern over the city's tax burden, and
          wanted to know if
          her
          silent phone lines meant people really want services
          in our fair city.
          Noting our success organizing folks to speak up for
          funding for
          emergency
          services and housing, she wrote,

          "So far, the testimony we heard at our Oct. 11 budget
          public hearing is
          that
          people want to spend even more money on human services
          and homelessness
          than
          the mayor proposed. Many said that they were willing
          to tax themselves
          pay for it. Does this opinion reflect your voice?/
          What do you think
          Seattle?"

          While it's great that our voice was heard earlier this
          month, given
          that
          she's asking to hear from "the other side" we need to
          counter with an
          affirmative voice. Yes! We Support Services and
          Housing! We support
          The City Council's stated priorities: survival
          services and affordable
          housing! The mayor's budget does not use the current
          revenue increase
          address these needs! The council must step up
          efforts!

          CALL JAN DRAGO 684-8801

          or e-mail her at: Jan.Drago@...

          OTHER COUNCIL MEMBERS:
          mailto: richard.conlin@...
          684-8805
          mailto: richard.mciver@...
          684-8800
          mailto: heidi.wills@...
          684-8808
          mailto: jim.compton@...
          684-8802
          mailto: margaret.pageler@...
          684-8807
          mailto: nick.licata@...
          684-8803
          mailto: judy.nicastro@...
          684-8806
          mailto: peter.steinbrueck@...
          684-8804

          Jan Drago's column can be viewed at Seattletimes.com,
          Look at Archives
          under
          Jan Drago.

          Don't forget your opportunity to testify tomorrow at
          5:30, if you can't
          make
          it, e-mailed testimony is taken at 4:30.

          DIRECTIONS ON EMAILING TESTIMONY:
          Send an email to budget@... . In order
          for the e-mail to
          be
          read out loud during the hearing, send your e-mail
          after 4 p.m. Email
          sent
          before 4 p.m. or after 5:30 will be part of the public
          record, although
          not
          part of the hearing.

          Thanks! From First Things First
          Questions? Call Jan Munger at Real Change at
          956-9472

          From homework help to love advice, Yahoo! Experts has your answer.
          http://experts.yahoo.com/
        • Jason T. Dorsey
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 2, 2000
            To whom this may concern,

            Our church, Green Lake Presbyterian, is sponsoring an art night titled
            "Innocence" on November 18th, from 7:00-10:00pm. We will explore the theme
            of innocence through a fusion of music, poetry, drama and art. Artists from
            our church and also the local community will be participating.

            Featuring the music of Greg Lang, Amy Ferguson, and the band Evergreen;
            mixed media paintings by Theresa Selby and Kristen Cochran; and the
            meaningful prings of photographer Jerry Davis.

            Order of Evening
            7:00 appetizers, open gallery & live music
            8:00 welcome, opening remarks & poetry
            8:30 concert begins
            9:30 meet the artists

            The church is located 6318 Linden Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98103

            I'm not sure if this is a forum that announcements like can be made...Please
            let me know. If you have any questions or would like to contact me call
            Jason (789-7320; jason@...).

            thanks,

            jason dorsey

          • Greenwood_News@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 27, 2001

              Greenwood Community Council Meeting

              Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2001
              Time: 7:00PM - 8:30PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

              Greenwood Community Council Meeting, 7:00 P.M., Greenwood
              Neighborhood Service Center, 8515 Greenwood Avenue North.
            • Greenwood_News@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 2 7:32 PM

                Greenwood Community Council Meeting

                Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2001
                Time: 7:30PM - 9:00PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

                Greenwood Community Council Meeting, 7:30 P.M., PNA Building,
                Phinney Ave (the big blue old schoolhouse near Starbucks and Red
                Mill).