Northwest District Council - Meeting Schedule/Agenda.

  • rpk202
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 3, 2011
      NORTHWEST DISTRICT COUNCIL
      (Wednesday) December 7, 2011
      Greenwood Senior Center - 525 North 85th Street
      7:00 – 9:00 PM
      (6:35 – 6:55 set up and chit chat)
      AGENDA:
      1. Introductions.
      2. Review & approve agenda.
      3. Review and approve October 26, 2011 NWDC meeting minutes (http://www.nwdistrictcouncil.org/pdf/NWDCOct262011.pdf).
      4. N/NW 85th Street paving project update (including planned detours), Jessica Murphy, Project Manager – SDOT. (Jessica.Murphy@...) (http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_85th.htm).
      5. North Aurora Traffic Safety project briefing, Jim Curtin, Project Manager - SDOT. (Jim.Curtin@...). (http://www.seattle.gov/aurora).
      6. Seattle (Department Of Neighborhoods) Staff Report, Rob Mattson.
      7. 2011 District Council Outreach/Engagement Fund (review expenditures and fund balance).
      8. CNC (City Neighborhood Council) report.
      9. NWDC bylaws (Discussion and Vote on previously distributed proposal).
      10. Roundtable/member organization reports.
      11. Loose ends & new business.
      -- For more information or to share your ideas about District Council projects and
      issues, see

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 16, 2012
        NORTHWEST DISTRICT COUNCIL
        (Wednesday), February 22, 2012
        Greenwood Senior Center - 525 North 85th Street
        7:00 – 9:00 PM
        (6:35 – 6:55 set up and chit chat)

        AGENDA

        7:00 PM.
        -- Introductions & Agenda Review.
        -- Review And Approve January 25, 2012 NWDC Meeting Minutes/Notes.

        7:15 PM.
        -- Neighborhood Film Project – A Story Runs Through It – Nassim Assefi, Seattle Center Next 50 Civic Action Committee (http://www.TheNextFifty.org)

        7:25 PM.
        -- Proposed Changes To Transit Service In The NW District – Ashley DeForest & Jack Whisner, King County Metro Transit.
        (NOTE: KC Metro staff has recently released their staff recommendations for transit service changes proposed to take effect in September 2012. Ashley and Jack will discuss current plans for implementing the E Line -- Rapid Ride service on Aurora Avenue North.) (http://metro.kingcounty.gov/have-a-say/projects/restructuring-system.html)

        7:55 PM.
        -- 2012 NPF (Neighborhood Projects Fund) – Rob Mattson.
        (NOTE: Annually, the district councils review proposals which are located in their District. That review is a two stage process. DC's first select not more than three projects which are then forwarded to the appropriate city department for cost and feasibility analysis. That information is then used by DC's to determine their recommendation for funding projects. In the 2012 funding cycle, only three proposals were submitted for projects in the NW District. Of these, one was eliminated from further consideration since it did not meet the basic selection criteria. The remaining two community projects will be considered by the NWDC at its February 22, 2012 meeting. We will have an opportunity to hear from proponents, and determine if the projects are suitable to be selected for further consideration.)
        ------ NPF 2012-051 - Traffic Circle at 72nd Street NW & 1st Ave NW.
        ------ NPF 2012-054 - NW 80th And NW 65th Street Crossing Improvements.

        8:20 PM.
        -- Roundtable / Member Organization Reports (Including CNC).
        -- Elections Committee Report (Community Elections Update).
        -- Grants Committee Report (Grant Opportunities).
        -- Engagement Committee Report (Outreach/Engagement/Enhancement Fund).

        NOTES:
        -- For more information or to share your ideas about District Council projects and issues, see (http://www.NWDistrictCouncil.org).
        -- The NWDC meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month, 7 PM at the Greenwood Senior Center, except in July, November & December (meets 1st Wednesday each December).

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 22 11:02 PM
          NORTHWEST DISTRICT COUNCIL
          (Wednesday), March 28, 2012
          Greenwood Senior Center - 525 North 85th Street
          7:00 – 9:00 PM
          (6:35 – 6:55 set up and chit chat)

          AGENDA

          7:00 PM.
          -- Introductions & Agenda Review.
          -- Review And Approve February 22, 2012 NWDC Meeting Minutes (http://www.nwdistrictcouncil.org/pdf/NWDCFeb222012.pdf).

          7:10 PM.
          -- King County 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness (http://www.cehkc.org) - Bill Block.

          7:40 PM.
          -- PNA Village (http://www.phinneycenter.org/village/) - Janice Dilworth, PNA Village Coordinator.

          7:50 PM.
          -- 826 Seattle (http://www.826seattle.org) - Michelle DeBruyn, Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator.

          8:00 PM.
          -- North Seattle (Greenwood) Boys & Girls Club (http://www.ns.positiveplace.org) - Joan Caldon, Operations Director.

          8:10 PM.
          -- NWDC Brochure.

> [...]

          > > 11. Loose ends & new business.
          > > -- For more information or to share your ideas about District Council projects and
          > > issues, see
          > > http://www.NWDistrictCouncil.org
          > >

          > > --- In Greenwood_News@yahoogroups.com, "rpk202" <rpk002@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > The Northwest District Council is scheduled to meet next as follows:
          > > > (Wednesday) October 26, 2011 @ 7pm (6:35 – 6:55 set up and chit chat).
          > > > @ 525 N 85th Street (Greenwood Senior Center)
          > > >
          > > > AGENDA Website (typically posted 3-10 days in advance):
          > > > http://www.NWDistrictCouncil.org/news_notes-nwdc.html
          > > >
          > > > NOTE: The Northwest District Council is a forum for discussion and action on issues of interest to the people of the Northwest District (Broadview, Greenwood, Phinney Ridge, Green Lake, Licton Springs, Haller Lake).
          > > > The Northwest District is one of 13 districts that comprise the Seattle City Neighborhood Council (CNC).

        • rpk202
          Message 4 of 14 , May 21, 2012
            NORTHWEST DISTRICT COUNCIL
            Wednesday, May 23, 2012.
            @ Greenwood Senior Center - 525 North 85th Street
            7:00 – 9:00 PM
            (6:35 – 6:55 set up and chit chat)

            AGENDA
            7:00 -- Introductions & Agenda Review.
            7:05 -- Review and approve April 2012 NWDC meeting minutes.
            http://nwdistrictcouncil.org/pdf/NWDCAPR252012.pdf
            7:10 -- A chat with King County Councilmember Larry Phillips.
            NOTE: Since King County redistricting, CM Phillips's Council district (#4) has expanded into several neighborhoods in the northwest district.
            7:35 -- Update – Downtown Waterfront / Seawall Project - Jennifer Wieland & Hannah McIntosh, SDOT.
            NOTE: With the completion of the Deep Bored Tunnel, what are current plans to replace the existing surface Alaska Way? How will this roadway be configured to accommodate the needs of general traffic, freight, bikes, as well as those who must cross this roadway to access waterfront destinations? What is envisioned for how ferry traffic to the Colman Dock will be accommodated? What is the estimated cost of the entire project; and how will it be financed? Will surface Alaska Way continue to provide an accessible and efficient means of travelling through this corridor; esp for those of us in northwest Seattle?
            8:10 -- Reports -
            • Appointment to CRT (Citywide Review Team), Rob M.
            • Expenditures from 2012 DC Enhancement Fund, Ellen H.
            • NWDC meeting venue, Rick K.
            • Current status of NWDC member & associate member orgs, Rick K
            • NWDC election – Nominating Committee, Irene W.
            • City Neighborhood Council (CNC), Irene W
            • Roundtable – reports from member organizations.
            9:00 Adjourn
            NOTE:
            For more information... www.NWDistrictCouncil.org.

          • rpk202
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 19, 2013
              NORTHWEST DISTRICT COUNCIL
              Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 7:00 PM.
              Greenwood Senior Center - 525 North 85th Street    (DOWNSTAIRS THIS MONTH)

              AGENDA
              7:00
              Introductions - please keep any announcements or comments to one minute.
              7:15
              Agenda Review and approve NWDC minutes from December 5, 2012

              (http://www.nwdistrictcouncil.org/pdf/NWDCDec052012.pdf)
              7:20
              2013 Neighborhood Streets Fund (NSF):
              The 2006 Bridging the Gap Levy provided nearly $300M to construct a host of transportation improvements in Seattle.  One component of the levy is the NSF (Neighborhood Streets Fund).  During the nine year life of the levy, three opportunities for citizens and community groups were provided through the NSF to suggest needed transportation improvements in their neighborhood.  The last of these three $4.5M funding cycles occurs this year.  SDOT received 7 proposals from the Northwest district by the December 17, 2012 deadline.  Each district council must now select 3 projects in their district which will be forwarded to SDOT for cost and feasibility analysis.  Each of the seven project proponents will be given up to five minutes to present their proposal / answer questions.
              Following presentations, the NWDC NSF Review Committee will present its recommendations for projects to be selected (spokesperson Irene Wall).  This will be followed by a balloting process involving NWDC member reps.  Ballots will be tallied; and results announced later in the agenda.
                  1.    Fremont Ave N - Sidewalks, Jacqueline Sorgen.
                  2.    Greenwood Ave North – Sidewalks for transit route, Kate Martin.
                  3.    BEATS – Walkway to Carkeek Park, Kari Nelson Jewitt & Carey DeMartini.
                  4.    Crosstown Greenway- Carkeek Park to Northgate Transit Station, Robin Randels & Justin Martin.
                  5.    Viewlands Elementary frontage - Safety Improvements, Tom Green.
                  6.    Woodland Park Ave Greenway, Christian Silk.
                  7.    NE 115th Street - Sidewalks, Eric Youngsblut & Phillip Duggan.
              8:00
              How communities can take responsibility and be self-sufficient following a major emergency.
              Many neighborhoods in Seattle are developing community level plans to respond in the event of  an emergency     condition.  The Broadview neighborhood and the Green Lake neighborhood have invested considerable time and energy to create these plans and organize the volunteer and physical infrastructure.
                  -    Green Lake Community Preparedness Plan, Paul Kostek.
                  -    Broadview Prepares, Carl Leon.
              8:45
              Adjourn.

              NOTE
              For more information or to share your ideas about District Council projects and issues, contact Northwest District Council staff  Rob Mattson, Rob.Mattson@... , 206-684-4051.
              The NWDC meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month; 7 PM at the Greenwood Senior Center, except in July, November & December  (meets 1st Wednesday each December).
              For more info visit www.NWDistrictCouncil.org.

              MARK YOUR CALENDAR
              02-04-2013 -- Deadline to submit proposals to 2013 NPSF (Neighborhood Park Street Fund).
              02-09-2013 -- Neighbor Appreciation Day.
              02-12-2013 -- Election – Seattle Public Schools (Prop 1 and Prop 2).
              03-04-2013 -- Deadline for applications to 2013 Neighborhood Matching Fund Small & Simple program and Technology Matching Fund.

              --- In Greenwood_News@yahoogroups.com, "rpk202" wrote:

              Northwest District Council - Meeting Schedule/Agenda.
              Posted By: rpk202
              Posted Mon May 21, 2012 10:01 pm.

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 23, 2013
                NORTHWEST DISTRICT COUNCIL
                Wednesday, April 24, 2013 @ 7:00 PM.
                Greenwood Senior Center - 525 North 85th Street.

                AGENDA
                7:00
                -- Introductions/Short Announcements - please keep any announcements or comments to one minute
                -- Agenda Review and Approval of NWDC minutes from March 27, 2013
                (http://www.NWDistrictCouncil.org/pdf/NWDCMar272013.pdf)
                7:15
                -- North 105th/Northgate Way Paving Project, Ron Scharf, PM – SDOT
                (http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_N105.htm)
                7:35
                -- Rapid Ride E Line Implementation & Related Transit Service Issues, Ashley DeForest KC Metro Transit.
                7:50
                -- Parks Legacy Plan, Yazmin Mehdi, Seattle Board of Park Commissioners
                (http://www.seattle.gov/parks/legacy/)
                8:05
                -- District Council Outreach (Engagement) Fund.
                8:10
                -- City Neighborhood Council Report, Irene Wall.
                8:20
                -- Appointment of Nominating Committee Annual election of NWDC officers.
                -- Appointments to CRT & District Level Review Committee for Neighborhood Matching Fund.
                -- NWDC draft position letter regarding city resources for sidewalks.
                8:30
                Adjourn.

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 23, 2013

                  NORTHWEST DISTRICT COUNCIL
                  (Wednesday) August 28, 2013, 7:00 PM.
                  @ 525 N 85th Street (Greenwood Senior Center).

                  AGENDA

                  1. Introductions/Short Announcements - please keep any announcements or comments to one minute.

                  2. Agenda Review and approve NWDC minutes from June 26, 2013.
                     http://nwdistrictcouncil.org/pdf/NWDCJune262013.pdf

                  3.  Staff Report - Rob Mattson
                      -  Neighborhood Matching Fund.
                      -  Community special event grants.
                      -  Grants to community projects made possible by Waste Management.
                      -  2013 NPSF and Bridging the Gap NSF proposals update.

                  4.  Report - City Neighborhood Council, Irene Wall.

                  5.  City of Seattle Proposed Charter Amendment #19
                        Concerning the creation of districts to elect seven of nine City Council Members
                      Yes - Faye Garneau, "Districts Now".
                      No  - Marjorie Rhodes, "Choices Not Districts".

                  6.  Green Lake Way Traffic Safety Improvements, Brian Dougherty - SDOT
                      http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/greenlakeway.htm

                  7.  Chairs Report, Eugene Wasserman.

                  8.  Adjourn.

                  NOTE
                  For more information or to share your ideas about District Council projects and issues, contact Northwest District Council staff Rob Mattson, Rob.Mattson@..., 206-684-4051 or

                  NWDC Chair -  Eugene Wasserman at NWDistrictCouncil@...

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 21, 2014

                    Northwest District Council.

                    (Wednesday) January 22, 2014, 7:00-8:30 PM

                    @ 525 North 85th Street (Greenwood Senior Center).

                    AGENDA

                    1.  Introductions/Short Announcements - please keep any announcements or comments to one minute.

                    2.  Agenda Review and approve NWDC minutes from December 4, 2013:  http://www.nwdistrictcouncil.org/pdf/NWDCDec042013.pdf

                    3.  KC METRO Transit Funding Options – King County Councilmember Larry Phillips.

                    4.   UW Landscape Architecture Studio Study of Greenwood & Phinney – Julie Johnson, UW Department of Landscape Architecture faculty member.

                    5.  Reports, Thomas Whittemore, Eugene Wasserman.

                    -- Parks Legacy meeting - January 30, 2014 @ Bitter Lake Community Center.

                    -- PKN SEA v. 50: Big Ideas - Imagining Seattle’s Future 2035 & Beyond @PACCAR Pavilion at the Olympic Sculpture Park, January 30, 2014. 5:30 – 7 p.m.

                    --  NMF Small and Simple Deadline-February 3, 2014 (workshop January 23 @ Rainer Community Center, 4600 38th Ave S).

                    --  Neighborhood Park and Street Fund.  Deadline Feb. 3, 2014.

                    --  Neighbor Appreciation Day – February 8, 2014.
                    -- City Neighborhood Council Report, Irene Wall.

                    Next NWDC meeting –  February 26, 2014.

                    (http://www.NWDistrictCouncil.org/news_notes-nwdc.html).