Re: [GreenbrierHixKids] Mary Hicks Cyrus

  • Carol H Benjamin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2012
      Jim, Libbie and all,

      Good to see some activity on this list.

      Jim, I have the same info as you stated, William md Lydia Parker, and Oscar md Mary Hicks.  I don't have any pictures though -- wish I did.

      I should add that I am working from a database a few years old, since early this year (I think Feb) I lost my complete database.  I am working slowly trying to get it together again - have lots of info on paper.  It is a slow process, and so far I am not sure what is completely missing.

      BTW, my personal email is now   chbenjamin@...

      Carol

      On Tue, Jun 26, 2012, at 11:04 PM, romanilegionaire wrote:

      hello All,

      been quiet around the group.

      Just wondering if anyone has a photo/image of the Mary Hicks (in her twenties) who married Oscar Cyrus in 1913. Or a young Mary Lydia Parker.

      My brother is getting ready to move and unearthed a couple of old (and somewhat deteriorated portraits and one is labeled William Cyrus and Mary (Hicks) Cyrus. He has 'em under lock and key, but I have a feeling it's mis-marked.... one way or t'other. And here's why: William Franklin Cyrus married Mary Lydia Parker. And they had a son, Oscar Cyrus who married Mary Hicks. So the names won't work as was scribbled on the back.

      And based on my experience in doing this time period in living history,the clothes/ peoples appearance/ages are more pre-20th century. Making it more likely to be William Franklin Cyrus and Mary Lydia Parker. The only images I have of the two of them are when they are much older or in their coffins.

      Someone on Ancestry has images of Mary (Hicks) Cyrus and the face does not match this woman's face..... I think........

      Or did a different William Cyrus marry a different Mary Hicks?

      Hope everybody is well!

      Jim Cyrus

      --
      Carol H Benjamin
    • Libby Martin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 28, 2012
        Carol,
        Sorry to hear about your computer files, can I help to get you updated with what I have on my Frantz, Puckett, Martin &/ or etc. lines? Let know if you need anything.
        Libby
        LMAR40@...

        Sent from my iPhone