Martin Family

  • Libby Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2009
      Carol,
      I hope all is well and you had a great holiday.  Now time is flying and spring is almost here.  I'm hoping your still working on your Martin family line.  My Martin line starts with Samuel Martin, b. abt. 1750, Maryland. I have 3 children for him, my Samuel Martin, m. Margaret Bollar McClung, and two brothers.................. William, b. abt. 1790 and Daniel, b. abt. 1791. I received an email from someone claiming that my Samuel was the son of Joseph S. Martin and Margaret Bailey.  My Martin's are all from the Greenbrier County, West Virginia area.  The following is part of the email.  Do you have any information on Samuel Martin married Margaret Bollar McClung and his parents and siblings from Greenbrier County?
      Any help would be appreciated, Libby
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________--

      Your Samule is the s/o Jospeh S Martin and margaret Bailey.  Jospeh S Martin died bef 1850, Greenbrier Co., WV.  his wife died be 20 Jul 1820, Greenbrier Co., WV.

      I believe that Jospeh S Martin comes through the Stephen Martin line of Amherst Co., VA then into Kentucky.  I do nto have proff just guessing.  The Stephen Martin has a lot of posting on genforum.com

      When that page comes up type in 'Martin'.  When that page comes type in stephen and see what hits you get.

      In the Greenbrier Co., WV Historical Society in Lewisurg, WV there is a book on the Mcclungs that I got info from.

      Attached is what I have on Samule Martin and his family.

      I have for Joseph and Margaret's other children;
      Jospeh S S Martin b 1796, d 27 May 1871, Greenb. Co.  he md Catherine Caraway, 27 Mar 1821, Greeb. Co

      Tipton L Martin b 1809, Nelson Co., VA and died 4 Mar 1861, Kanawha Co., WV.  He md Martha Jane Walton, b 1812,VA.  I have not marriage date for them.  Jospeh and Margaret are listed as parents for him on his death record.  I do not know if he is there son.  I am only going by what is listed on his death record.

      Shadrack Martin, b 17 Nov 1815, Albemarle Co., Va.  died 9 June 1875, Summers Co., WV.  He md 22 Jul 1841, Mary Elizabeth Terry and his first wife was Mary Richmond, I do not have a marriage date.

      Lucinda 'Lucy' Martin b 1818, Virginia died Apri 1897, md Edmund Bowles, 1 Mar 1838, Greeb. Co.

      William E. b 1819, Kanawha Co. WV.  died 21 may 1889, Summers Co., WV.  he md Mary E Coffman, 26 Aug 1886, Summers, Co., WV.

      My file is too large to send through email.

      I hope what I have sent helps.  Let know if you find mistakes, I want to correct them in my data.