Re: [GreenbrierHixKids] Adkins/Atkins

  • Donna Hewett
    Message 1 of 30 , Feb 2, 2008
      Hi Everyone,

      I noticed all the email a while back concerning the Adkins family. I
      didn't see any of mine located in Greenbrier County and can't offer any
      help.

      However I have William B. "Atkins" in the 1870 Roanoke County, VA census.
      He would have been born about 1827 in Virginia and married Edith, "Eady".
      It appears that William B. spent time in Indiana, but was back in Virginia
      by 1850 when he started his large family. One of his children listed in a
      census that William B. was born in Indiana, but not according to William
      himself.

      Do any of you Adkins/Atkins experts know of any of the family going west?
      William and Edith's children were: James A., Anny A., Levi, Laura May (my
      great grandmother), Selina, Nathaniel, Cordelia, and Miranda. There is a
      widowed Margaret Adkins in Franklin Cty. in 1850, age 45. She was born in
      Indiana and has children: Frances, Thomas, Levi, Nathaniel, and Marion.

      It looks as though we might have an Adkins ancestor, maybe a Nathaniel or
      Levi in Indiana in the late 1700's or early 1800's.

      Donna Hewett
    • GreenbrierHixKids@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 30 , Jul 25, 2009
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the GreenbrierHixKids
        group.

        File : /Martin Data.doc
        Uploaded by : romanilegionaire <romanilegionaire@...>
        Description : Children of Shadrack Martin

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,

        Message 3 of 30 , Mar 13, 2011
          Hello,

          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the GreenbrierHixKids
          group.

          File : /Hicks, John H. & Lovey Caler - MARRIAGE,crop.jpg
          Uploaded by : lmar400 <lmar400@...>
          Description :

          lmar400 <lmar400@...>