Any new info on these lines?

  • toncharic3
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 16, 2007
      Hello,

      Just touching base with you all.

      Having a quiet moment in the arrangements for a wedding in October for
      my son and his long time girlfriend.

      So I wanted to touch bases with you.

      And to also say I maybe changeing email from bekaycee@....

      May be going with roadrunner. Was with sprint which became embarq and
      they are cutting ties with earthlink at end of October.
    • Donna Hewett
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 17, 2007
        Hi Bonnie and all y'all

        I found an "Amul" Bailey down in NC who would be a Henry Willis
        contemporary. I need to go back to my notes and look just where and when.
        I'm hoping there is some sort of family connection, given that first name.
        As I recall,the name may have been from a tax list, and there were Willis'
        around. I won't have a chance until about Thursday to dig through my
        stuff.

        Donna Hewett

        "toncharic3"
        <bekaycee@earthli
        nk.net> To
        Sent by: GreenbrierHixKids@yahoogroups.com
        GreenbrierHixKids cc
        @yahoogroups.com
        Subject
        [GreenbrierHixKids] Any new info on
        09/16/2007 06:14 these lines?
        PM

        Please respond to
        GreenbrierHixKids
        @yahoogroups.com

        Hello,

        Just touching base with you all.

        Having a quiet moment in the arrangements for a wedding in October for
        my son and his long time girlfriend.

        So I wanted to touch bases with you.

        And to also say I maybe changeing email from bekaycee@....

        May be going with roadrunner. Was with sprint which became embarq and
        they are cutting ties with earthlink at end of October.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • B. Williams
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 18, 2007
          I am VERY interested in this Amul Bailey of course.

          But it probably is another dead end.

          I have been wondering WHY Amiel Willis came to the Greenbrier area. After watching a show about the Greenbrier Hotel and its "hidden" part for the government, I was thinking he may have come there for the springs. Some years ago I "heard"/read that Amiel may have been disabled in some way.
          I am going to have to find that bit of info. I think it was online somewhere.

          NC was one of the places mentioned for Amiel's origins, along with SC and Scotland.

          And to also say I maybe changeing email from bekaycee@earthlink. net.

          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 21, 2007
            Hi Bonnie,

            I found Amil Bailey in the 1800 census of Burke County NC. He is a young
            man there with several small children. Buncombe County was formed from
            Burke in 1791. There are both Willis' and Bailey's in Buncombe back in
            1772.

            I would be interested in your info about Ammill being disabled. The
            spring in the area were quit famous. I have been to The Homestead in Green
            Sulphur Springs. The old "his" and "her" bath houses still exist and one
            can still partake. George Washington was a frequenter of that one.

            Donna Hewett
            Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering & Co-op Program Advisor
            289 Ralph G. Anderson Building
            University of Kentucky
            Lexington, KY 40506- 0503
            (859) 257-8864, fax (859) 323-3912
            http://www.engr.uky.edu/coop

            "B. Williams"
            <bekaycee@earthli
            nk.net> To
            Sent by: <GreenbrierHixKids@yahoogroups.com>
            GreenbrierHixKids cc
            @yahoogroups.com
            Subject
            Re: [GreenbrierHixKids] Any new
            09/18/2007 05:15 info on these lines?
            PM

            Please respond to
            GreenbrierHixKids
            @yahoogroups.com

          • CGSchiller@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 22, 2007
              Donna,

              I'm curious.  Where is the Homestead?  I grew up in Green Sulphur Springs and remember the sulphur springs in front of the old Gwinn mansion, but don't recall his & her baths.  Might this be White Sulphur Springs?

              Cecilia

              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 23, 2007
                Hi Cecilia,

                Sorry for the confusion, I was working from memory - obviously not
                accurate.
                The Homestead is at Hot Springs, not Green Sulphur Springs. Here is the
                website
                http://www.fivestaralliance.com/luxury_hotel/hot_springs%2C_va/the_homestead?gclid=CIj3w4fg2o4CFQp7PAod5kdy_A

                Donna Hewett

                CGSchiller@...
                Sent by: To
                GreenbrierHixKids GreenbrierHixKids@yahoogroups.com
                @yahoogroups.com cc

                Subject
                09/22/2007 11:39 Re: [GreenbrierHixKids] Any new
                AM info on these lines?

                Please respond to
                GreenbrierHixKids
                @yahoogroups.com