Re: Quiet lately aren't we?

  • Linda Wolff
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1, 2007
      I'm glad to see your name as well. Do I recall correctly that you are
      a descendant of George Claypool and Ann Hix?

      --- In GreenbrierHixKids@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Darnell"
      <medarnell@...> wrote:

      > Hi Bonnie,
      >
      > I haven't had time to do any research lately. It seems like Boy
      > Scouts is my life lately. My son is almost finished with his Boy
      > Scout Eagle requirements. All he has left to do is his project,
      and
      > we have been concentrating a lot on that.
      >
      > Hopefully, I can get back to genealogy this winter. It's a good
      > indoor activity anyway. :)
      >
      > Mike Darnell
      >
      > --- In GreenbrierHixKids@yahoogroups.com, Bonnie <bekaycee@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I was just noticeing how quiet we have been lately.
      > >
      > > I also could use an email from each of you if you can.
      > > I am having to switch the emails in my address book to Outlook
      > express on computer and I can't get the address book automatically
      > transferred to the Outlook Express w/o typing them all out.
      > >
      > > I sure would appreciate the help. I have been at it for several
      > hours. I have gotten some by sending the emails I had saved to me
      > personally from some of you, don't remember which so you all could
      > send me an email, it doesn't even have to have a message.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >

      > > P.S. I will probably be changing isps, just don't know when. this
      > is because the company that IS now my server, Embarq, wants
      everyone
      > changed over from earthlink by OCT. And the people that have
      changed
      > over have having lots of headaches, so I am wondering what to
      change
      > over to, earthlink thru some other way, road runner, what?
      > >
      > > Bonnie

    • B. Williams
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 2, 2007
        Michael is a descendant thru Stephen H. Willis, son of Amiel and Mary Hix Willis, I think. I am sure on the Amiel and Mary part. At least I THINK I am.

        Been visting with some first cousins this weekend, so I have not looked at this on my files that have Michael D.

        <medarnell@. ..> wrote:

        > Hi Bonnie,
        >
        > I haven't had time to do any research lately. It seems like Boy
        > Scouts is my life lately. My son is almost finished with his Boy
        > Scout Eagle requirements. All he has left to do is his project,
        and
        > we have been concentrating a lot on that.
        >
        > Hopefully, I can get back to genealogy this winter. It's a good
        > indoor activity anyway. :)
        >
        > Mike Darnell
        >
        > --- In GreenbrierHixKids@ yahoogroups. com, Bonnie <bekaycee@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I was just noticeing how quiet we have been lately.
        > >
        > > I also could use an email from each of you if you can.
        > > I am having to switch the emails in my address book to Outlook
        > express on computer and I can't get the address book automatically
        > transferred to the Outlook Express w/o typing them all out.
        > >
        > > I sure would appreciate the help. I have been at it for several
        > hours. I have gotten some by sending the emails I had saved to me
        > personally from some of you, don't remember which so you all could
        > send me an email, it doesn't even have to have a message.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >

        > > P.S. I will probably be changing isps, just don't know when. this
        > is because the company that IS now my server, Embarq, wants
        everyone
        > changed over from earthlink by OCT. And the people that have
        changed
        > over have having lots of headaches, so I am wondering what to
        change
        > over to, earthlink thru some other way, road runner, what?
        > >
        > > Bonnie

      • B. Williams
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 2, 2007
          Ooops, I found him.
          He is descended from Jonathan L. Willis, son of Amiel and Mary and brother to Stephen H.

          I have taken some of my FTM files off my computer when I had problems and have not reentered all saved files back, but I do have them on cds and flash drives. More of them then I need.

          At least this is the info I have.

          Is it right Michael?

          <medarnell@. ..> wrote:

          > Hi Bonnie,
          >
          > I haven't had time to do any research lately. It seems like Boy
          > Scouts is my life lately. My son is almost finished with his Boy
          > Scout Eagle requirements. All he has left to do is his project,
          and
          > we have been concentrating a lot on that.
          >
          > Hopefully, I can get back to genealogy this winter. It's a good
          > indoor activity anyway. :)
          >
          > Mike Darnell
          >
          > --- In GreenbrierHixKids@ yahoogroups. com, Bonnie <bekaycee@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I was just noticeing how quiet we have been lately.
          > >
          > > I also could use an email from each of you if you can.
          > > I am having to switch the emails in my address book to Outlook
          > express on computer and I can't get the address book automatically
          > transferred to the Outlook Express w/o typing them all out.
          > >
          > > I sure would appreciate the help. I have been at it for several
          > hours. I have gotten some by sending the emails I had saved to me
          > personally from some of you, don't remember which so you all could
          > send me an email, it doesn't even have to have a message.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >

          > > P.S. I will probably be changing isps, just don't know when. this
          > is because the company that IS now my server, Embarq, wants
          everyone
          > changed over from earthlink by OCT. And the people that have
          changed
          > over have having lots of headaches, so I am wondering what to
          change
          > over to, earthlink thru some other way, road runner, what?
          > >
          > > Bonnie

        • Michael Darnell
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 19, 2007
            Hi,

            That's correct. :)

            Sorry to take so long replying - I've been camping with my son's Boy
            Scout troop, work, etc.

            I am setting up a new web site which will have my genealogy
            information on it.

            http://www.darnellfamily.org

            Right now, I'm just posting some ancestral photos.

            Mike Darnell

            --- In GreenbrierHixKids@yahoogroups.com, "B. Williams"
            <bekaycee@...> wrote:

            > Ooops, I found him.
            > He is descended from Jonathan L. Willis, son of Amiel and Mary and
            brother to Stephen H.

            > I have taken some of my FTM files off my computer when I had
            problems and have not reentered all saved files back, but I do have
            them on cds and flash drives. More of them then I need.

            > At least this is the info I have.
            >
            > Is it right Michael?

          • toncharic3
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 16, 2007
              Hello,

              Just touching base with you all.

              Having a quiet moment in the arrangements for a wedding in October for
              my son and his long time girlfriend.

              So I wanted to touch bases with you.

              And to also say I maybe changeing email from bekaycee@....

              May be going with roadrunner. Was with sprint which became embarq and
              they are cutting ties with earthlink at end of October.
            • Donna Hewett
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 17, 2007
                Hi Bonnie and all y'all

                I found an "Amul" Bailey down in NC who would be a Henry Willis
                contemporary. I need to go back to my notes and look just where and when.
                I'm hoping there is some sort of family connection, given that first name.
                As I recall,the name may have been from a tax list, and there were Willis'
                around. I won't have a chance until about Thursday to dig through my
                stuff.

                Donna Hewett

                "toncharic3"
                <bekaycee@earthli
                nk.net> To
                Sent by: GreenbrierHixKids@yahoogroups.com
                GreenbrierHixKids cc
                @yahoogroups.com
                Subject
                [GreenbrierHixKids] Any new info on
                09/16/2007 06:14 these lines?
                PM

                Please respond to
                GreenbrierHixKids
                @yahoogroups.com

                Hello,

                Just touching base with you all.

                Having a quiet moment in the arrangements for a wedding in October for
                my son and his long time girlfriend.

                So I wanted to touch bases with you.

                And to also say I maybe changeing email from bekaycee@....

                May be going with roadrunner. Was with sprint which became embarq and
                they are cutting ties with earthlink at end of October.

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • B. Williams
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 18, 2007
                  I am VERY interested in this Amul Bailey of course.

                  But it probably is another dead end.

                  I have been wondering WHY Amiel Willis came to the Greenbrier area. After watching a show about the Greenbrier Hotel and its "hidden" part for the government, I was thinking he may have come there for the springs. Some years ago I "heard"/read that Amiel may have been disabled in some way.
                  I am going to have to find that bit of info. I think it was online somewhere.

                  NC was one of the places mentioned for Amiel's origins, along with SC and Scotland.

                  And to also say I maybe changeing email from bekaycee@earthlink. net.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 21, 2007
                    Hi Bonnie,

                    I found Amil Bailey in the 1800 census of Burke County NC. He is a young
                    man there with several small children. Buncombe County was formed from
                    Burke in 1791. There are both Willis' and Bailey's in Buncombe back in
                    1772.

                    I would be interested in your info about Ammill being disabled. The
                    spring in the area were quit famous. I have been to The Homestead in Green
                    Sulphur Springs. The old "his" and "her" bath houses still exist and one
                    can still partake. George Washington was a frequenter of that one.

                    Donna Hewett
                    Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering & Co-op Program Advisor
                    289 Ralph G. Anderson Building
                    University of Kentucky
                    Lexington, KY 40506- 0503
                    (859) 257-8864, fax (859) 323-3912
                    http://www.engr.uky.edu/coop

                    "B. Williams"
                    <bekaycee@earthli
                    nk.net> To
                    Sent by: <GreenbrierHixKids@yahoogroups.com>
                    GreenbrierHixKids cc
                    @yahoogroups.com
                    Subject
                    Re: [GreenbrierHixKids] Any new
                    09/18/2007 05:15 info on these lines?
                    PM

                    Please respond to
                    GreenbrierHixKids
                    @yahoogroups.com

                  • CGSchiller@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 22, 2007
                      Donna,

                      I'm curious.  Where is the Homestead?  I grew up in Green Sulphur Springs and remember the sulphur springs in front of the old Gwinn mansion, but don't recall his & her baths.  Might this be White Sulphur Springs?

                      Cecilia

                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 23, 2007
                        Hi Cecilia,

                        Sorry for the confusion, I was working from memory - obviously not
                        accurate.
                        The Homestead is at Hot Springs, not Green Sulphur Springs. Here is the
                        website
                        http://www.fivestaralliance.com/luxury_hotel/hot_springs%2C_va/the_homestead?gclid=CIj3w4fg2o4CFQp7PAod5kdy_A

                        Donna Hewett

                        CGSchiller@...
                        Sent by: To
                        GreenbrierHixKids GreenbrierHixKids@yahoogroups.com
                        @yahoogroups.com cc

                        Subject
                        09/22/2007 11:39 Re: [GreenbrierHixKids] Any new
                        AM info on these lines?

                        Please respond to
                        GreenbrierHixKids
                        @yahoogroups.com