Quiet lately aren't we?

  • Bonnie
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 5, 2007
      I was just noticeing how quiet we have been lately.

      I also could use an email from each of you if you can.
      I am having to switch the emails in my address book to Outlook express on computer and I can't get the address book automatically transferred to the Outlook Express w/o typing them all out.

      I sure would appreciate the help. I have been at it for several hours. I have gotten some by sending the emails I had saved to me personally from some of you, don't remember which so you all could send me an email, it doesn't even have to have a message.

      Thanks,

      P.S. I will probably be changing isps, just don't know when. this is because the company that IS now my server, Embarq, wants everyone changed over from earthlink by OCT. And the people that have changed over have having lots of headaches, so I am wondering what to change over to, earthlink thru some other way, road runner, what?

      Bonnie
    • Vernon and Betty
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 5, 2007

        Hi  Bonnie    Quiet and busy here.  Getting ready for a family (Ellisons, my branch) reunion in Ms end of June.  Carry me over please to your new mailing list.  Enjoying the site.   Thanks,  Vernon

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 6, 2007

          Hi Bonnie,

          I've been with road runner for 2 years now, and knock on wood, no problems yet.

          Don Willis

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 7, 2007
            Hi Bonnie,

            I haven't had time to do any research lately. It seems like Boy
            Scouts is my life lately. My son is almost finished with his Boy
            Scout Eagle requirements. All he has left to do is his project, and
            we have been concentrating a lot on that.

            Hopefully, I can get back to genealogy this winter. It's a good
            indoor activity anyway. :)

            Mike Darnell

            --- In GreenbrierHixKids@yahoogroups.com, Bonnie <bekaycee@...> wrote:

            > I was just noticeing how quiet we have been lately.
            >
            > I also could use an email from each of you if you can.
            > I am having to switch the emails in my address book to Outlook
            express on computer and I can't get the address book automatically
            transferred to the Outlook Express w/o typing them all out.

            > I sure would appreciate the help. I have been at it for several
            hours. I have gotten some by sending the emails I had saved to me
            personally from some of you, don't remember which so you all could
            send me an email, it doesn't even have to have a message.

            > Thanks,
            >

            > P.S. I will probably be changing isps, just don't know when. this
            is because the company that IS now my server, Embarq, wants everyone
            changed over from earthlink by OCT. And the people that have changed
            over have having lots of headaches, so I am wondering what to change
            over to, earthlink thru some other way, road runner, what?

            > Bonnie

          • B. Williams
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 7, 2007
              Hi cousin MIchael,

              I have dumbfounded.

              With what has been going on here in NC, different everyday stuff, I wasn't aware you had joined. I just manage this, and apparently I need to get up to date.

              So glad you are on the group. How did I miss your joining. I need a vacation it seems.:>)

              Have you looked at the files? Seen the permission slip for Amiel and Polly?

              Just in case others are not aware, Polly and Mary Hix are one and the same, as far as I know

            • CGSchiller@aol.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 7, 2007
                Just checking in ....

                Cecilia

                See what's free at AOL.com.
              • Linda Wolff
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 1, 2007
                  I'm glad to see your name as well. Do I recall correctly that you are
                  a descendant of George Claypool and Ann Hix?

                  --- In GreenbrierHixKids@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Darnell"
                  <medarnell@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Bonnie,
                  >
                  > I haven't had time to do any research lately. It seems like Boy
                  > Scouts is my life lately. My son is almost finished with his Boy
                  > Scout Eagle requirements. All he has left to do is his project,
                  and
                  > we have been concentrating a lot on that.
                  >
                  > Hopefully, I can get back to genealogy this winter. It's a good
                  > indoor activity anyway. :)
                  >
                  > Mike Darnell
                  >
                  > --- In GreenbrierHixKids@yahoogroups.com, Bonnie <bekaycee@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I was just noticeing how quiet we have been lately.
                  > >
                  > > I also could use an email from each of you if you can.
                  > > I am having to switch the emails in my address book to Outlook
                  > express on computer and I can't get the address book automatically
                  > transferred to the Outlook Express w/o typing them all out.
                  > >
                  > > I sure would appreciate the help. I have been at it for several
                  > hours. I have gotten some by sending the emails I had saved to me
                  > personally from some of you, don't remember which so you all could
                  > send me an email, it doesn't even have to have a message.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks,
                  > >

                  > > P.S. I will probably be changing isps, just don't know when. this
                  > is because the company that IS now my server, Embarq, wants
                  everyone
                  > changed over from earthlink by OCT. And the people that have
                  changed
                  > over have having lots of headaches, so I am wondering what to
                  change
                  > over to, earthlink thru some other way, road runner, what?
                  > >
                  > > Bonnie

                • B. Williams
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 2, 2007
                    Michael is a descendant thru Stephen H. Willis, son of Amiel and Mary Hix Willis, I think. I am sure on the Amiel and Mary part. At least I THINK I am.

                    Been visting with some first cousins this weekend, so I have not looked at this on my files that have Michael D.

                    <medarnell@. ..> wrote:

                    > Hi Bonnie,
                    >
                    > I haven't had time to do any research lately. It seems like Boy
                    > Scouts is my life lately. My son is almost finished with his Boy
                    > Scout Eagle requirements. All he has left to do is his project,
                    and
                    > we have been concentrating a lot on that.
                    >
                    > Hopefully, I can get back to genealogy this winter. It's a good
                    > indoor activity anyway. :)
                    >
                    > Mike Darnell
                    >
                    > --- In GreenbrierHixKids@ yahoogroups. com, Bonnie <bekaycee@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I was just noticeing how quiet we have been lately.
                    > >
                    > > I also could use an email from each of you if you can.
                    > > I am having to switch the emails in my address book to Outlook
                    > express on computer and I can't get the address book automatically
                    > transferred to the Outlook Express w/o typing them all out.
                    > >
                    > > I sure would appreciate the help. I have been at it for several
                    > hours. I have gotten some by sending the emails I had saved to me
                    > personally from some of you, don't remember which so you all could
                    > send me an email, it doesn't even have to have a message.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks,
                    > >

                    > > P.S. I will probably be changing isps, just don't know when. this
                    > is because the company that IS now my server, Embarq, wants
                    everyone
                    > changed over from earthlink by OCT. And the people that have
                    changed
                    > over have having lots of headaches, so I am wondering what to
                    change
                    > over to, earthlink thru some other way, road runner, what?
                    > >
                    > > Bonnie

                  • B. Williams
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 2, 2007
                      Ooops, I found him.
                      He is descended from Jonathan L. Willis, son of Amiel and Mary and brother to Stephen H.

                      I have taken some of my FTM files off my computer when I had problems and have not reentered all saved files back, but I do have them on cds and flash drives. More of them then I need.

                      At least this is the info I have.

                      Is it right Michael?

                      <medarnell@. ..> wrote:

                      > Hi Bonnie,
                      >
                      > I haven't had time to do any research lately. It seems like Boy
                      > Scouts is my life lately. My son is almost finished with his Boy
                      > Scout Eagle requirements. All he has left to do is his project,
                      and
                      > we have been concentrating a lot on that.
                      >
                      > Hopefully, I can get back to genealogy this winter. It's a good
                      > indoor activity anyway. :)
                      >
                      > Mike Darnell
                      >
                      > --- In GreenbrierHixKids@ yahoogroups. com, Bonnie <bekaycee@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I was just noticeing how quiet we have been lately.
                      > >
                      > > I also could use an email from each of you if you can.
                      > > I am having to switch the emails in my address book to Outlook
                      > express on computer and I can't get the address book automatically
                      > transferred to the Outlook Express w/o typing them all out.
                      > >
                      > > I sure would appreciate the help. I have been at it for several
                      > hours. I have gotten some by sending the emails I had saved to me
                      > personally from some of you, don't remember which so you all could
                      > send me an email, it doesn't even have to have a message.
                      > >
                      > > Thanks,
                      > >

                      > > P.S. I will probably be changing isps, just don't know when. this
                      > is because the company that IS now my server, Embarq, wants
                      everyone
                      > changed over from earthlink by OCT. And the people that have
                      changed
                      > over have having lots of headaches, so I am wondering what to
                      change
                      > over to, earthlink thru some other way, road runner, what?
                      > >
                      > > Bonnie

                    • Michael Darnell
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 19, 2007
                        Hi,

                        That's correct. :)

                        Sorry to take so long replying - I've been camping with my son's Boy
                        Scout troop, work, etc.

                        I am setting up a new web site which will have my genealogy
                        information on it.

                        http://www.darnellfamily.org

                        Right now, I'm just posting some ancestral photos.

                        Mike Darnell

                        --- In GreenbrierHixKids@yahoogroups.com, "B. Williams"
                        <bekaycee@...> wrote:

                        > Ooops, I found him.
                        > He is descended from Jonathan L. Willis, son of Amiel and Mary and
                        brother to Stephen H.

                        > I have taken some of my FTM files off my computer when I had
                        problems and have not reentered all saved files back, but I do have
                        them on cds and flash drives. More of them then I need.

                        > At least this is the info I have.
                        >
                        > Is it right Michael?

                      • toncharic3
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 16, 2007
                          Hello,

                          Just touching base with you all.

                          Having a quiet moment in the arrangements for a wedding in October for
                          my son and his long time girlfriend.

                          So I wanted to touch bases with you.

                          And to also say I maybe changeing email from bekaycee@....

                          May be going with roadrunner. Was with sprint which became embarq and
                          they are cutting ties with earthlink at end of October.
                        • Donna Hewett
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 17, 2007
                            Hi Bonnie and all y'all

                            I found an "Amul" Bailey down in NC who would be a Henry Willis
                            contemporary. I need to go back to my notes and look just where and when.
                            I'm hoping there is some sort of family connection, given that first name.
                            As I recall,the name may have been from a tax list, and there were Willis'
                            around. I won't have a chance until about Thursday to dig through my
                            stuff.

                            Donna Hewett

                            "toncharic3"
                            <bekaycee@earthli
                            nk.net> To
                            Sent by: GreenbrierHixKids@yahoogroups.com
                            GreenbrierHixKids cc
                            @yahoogroups.com
                            Subject
                            [GreenbrierHixKids] Any new info on
                            09/16/2007 06:14 these lines?
                            PM

                            Please respond to
                            GreenbrierHixKids
                            @yahoogroups.com

                            Hello,

                            Just touching base with you all.

                            Having a quiet moment in the arrangements for a wedding in October for
                            my son and his long time girlfriend.

                            So I wanted to touch bases with you.

                            And to also say I maybe changeing email from bekaycee@....

                            May be going with roadrunner. Was with sprint which became embarq and
                            they are cutting ties with earthlink at end of October.

                            Yahoo! Groups Links
                          • B. Williams
                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 18, 2007
                              I am VERY interested in this Amul Bailey of course.

                              But it probably is another dead end.

                              I have been wondering WHY Amiel Willis came to the Greenbrier area. After watching a show about the Greenbrier Hotel and its "hidden" part for the government, I was thinking he may have come there for the springs. Some years ago I "heard"/read that Amiel may have been disabled in some way.
                              I am going to have to find that bit of info. I think it was online somewhere.

                              NC was one of the places mentioned for Amiel's origins, along with SC and Scotland.

                              And to also say I maybe changeing email from bekaycee@earthlink. net.

                              Message 14 of 16 , Sep 21, 2007
                                Hi Bonnie,

                                I found Amil Bailey in the 1800 census of Burke County NC. He is a young
                                man there with several small children. Buncombe County was formed from
                                Burke in 1791. There are both Willis' and Bailey's in Buncombe back in
                                1772.

                                I would be interested in your info about Ammill being disabled. The
                                spring in the area were quit famous. I have been to The Homestead in Green
                                Sulphur Springs. The old "his" and "her" bath houses still exist and one
                                can still partake. George Washington was a frequenter of that one.

                                Donna Hewett
                                Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering & Co-op Program Advisor
                                289 Ralph G. Anderson Building
                                University of Kentucky
                                Lexington, KY 40506- 0503
                                (859) 257-8864, fax (859) 323-3912
                                http://www.engr.uky.edu/coop

                                "B. Williams"
                                <bekaycee@earthli
                                nk.net> To
                                Sent by: <GreenbrierHixKids@yahoogroups.com>
                                GreenbrierHixKids cc
                                @yahoogroups.com
                                Subject
                                Re: [GreenbrierHixKids] Any new
                                09/18/2007 05:15 info on these lines?
                                PM

                                Please respond to
                                GreenbrierHixKids
                                @yahoogroups.com

                                Message 15 of 16 , Sep 22, 2007
                                  Donna,

                                  I'm curious.  Where is the Homestead?  I grew up in Green Sulphur Springs and remember the sulphur springs in front of the old Gwinn mansion, but don't recall his & her baths.  Might this be White Sulphur Springs?

                                  Cecilia

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Sep 23, 2007
                                    Hi Cecilia,

                                    Sorry for the confusion, I was working from memory - obviously not
                                    accurate.
                                    The Homestead is at Hot Springs, not Green Sulphur Springs. Here is the
                                    website
                                    http://www.fivestaralliance.com/luxury_hotel/hot_springs%2C_va/the_homestead?gclid=CIj3w4fg2o4CFQp7PAod5kdy_A

                                    Donna Hewett

                                    CGSchiller@...
                                    Sent by: To
                                    GreenbrierHixKids GreenbrierHixKids@yahoogroups.com
                                    @yahoogroups.com cc

                                    Subject
                                    09/22/2007 11:39 Re: [GreenbrierHixKids] Any new
                                    AM info on these lines?

                                    Please respond to
                                    GreenbrierHixKids
                                    @yahoogroups.com