Re: New scenario available for Retail Games

  • vicpylon2000
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1 8:03 AM
      I checked into these kits. My local game store told me that they
      cost $30.00 each. Regular players cannot order them, so I think most
      of us will have to wait. Unless their game store is willing to pony
      up the cash.

      Vic

    • rzlittle@austin.rr.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1 11:35 AM
        That's roughly equivalent to what WizKids/AEG has charged for their
        CCG/Mini's tournament kits for Mage Knight or L5R, and I've seen
        stores run the bejeezus out of those. If a store isn't willing to
        dish out $30 so they can run an event that will likely generate more
        than that in sales, well, the store likely ain't long for this world.

        Rob

      • corinthi@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1 9:34 PM
          Actually, Wizkids provides thier tournament kits for free to
          venues. Some venues run additional tournaments in which the venue
          itself provides prize support, but Wizkids provides 2-4 prize kits
          per month per game line to venues that run those events. They also
          provide free demo kits to thier envoys, as well as addition prizes
          for schedhuled demos and conventions.

          Jesse Thacker
          Central Region Level 5 Envoy
          Wizkids Games

        • rzlittle@austin.rr.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1 10:25 PM
            Color me uninformed :)

            Ok..then its roughly comparible to just AEG... (that one I'm sure of
            since I used to run L5R CCG tourneys).

            Rob

            --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, corinthi@y... wrote:
            > Actually, Wizkids provides thier tournament kits for free to
            > venues. Some venues run additional tournaments in which the venue
            > itself provides prize support, but Wizkids provides 2-4 prize kits
            > per month per game line to venues that run those events. They also
            > provide free demo kits to thier envoys, as well as addition prizes
            > for schedhuled demos and conventions.
            >
            > Jesse Thacker
            > Central Region Level 5 Envoy
            > Wizkids Games
            >
            > --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, rzlittle@a... wrote:
            > > That's roughly equivalent to what WizKids/AEG has charged for
            their
            > > CCG/Mini's tournament kits for Mage Knight or L5R, and I've seen
            > > stores run the bejeezus out of those. If a store isn't willing
            > > dish out $30 so they can run an event that will likely generate
            > more
            > > than that in sales, well, the store likely ain't long for this
            > world.
            > >
            > > Rob
            > >
            > > --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, "vicpylon2000" <logr@v...>
            > wrote:
            > > > I checked into these kits. My local game store told me that
            they
            > > > cost $30.00 each. Regular players cannot order them, so I
            think
            > > most
            > > > of us will have to wait. Unless their game store is willing to
            > > pony
            > > > up the cash.
            > > >
            > > > Vic

            > > Green
            > > about

          • lecanz
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2 7:17 AM
              so you think this one will not come out for a while or if ever?

            • rzlittle@austin.rr.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 2 8:10 AM
                I imagine it will come out for general consumption in May.

                Rob