Were are we anyway?

  • varthalon
    Message 1 of 17 , May 1, 2003
      If we're wager'n were we'll all be my bet would be on the Savage
      Frontier as well (Spine of the World to Waterdeep, Trackless Sea and
      some of the Isles to the High Forest or even Silverymoon) It is an
      excellent place for adventuring, a wild and untamed area with all the
      races common. Ruins of ancient elven, dwarven, human, and maybe even
      Iqua'Tel'Quessir civilizations, conflict between most of the major
      secret organizations and power groups. Lots of big ugly monsters,
      occasional hordes of smaller monsters. Mysteries like the World
      Tree. If LotGR is based in the Savage Frontier we should have plenty
      to keep things fun.

      Varthalon

      --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, "lachlarlan_ii"
      <WhiteDwarf82@h...> wrote:
      > What the foozle is a foozle?!
      >
      > --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <djbarret@i...> wrote:
      > > --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Williamson"
      > <eric_ang@b...>
      > > wrote:
      > >

      > > > I doubt it will be the Dalelands, as all the cards and the
      > > adventures
      > > > center around Loudwater (in Region of the North).
      > > >
      > > > Eric
      > >

      > > Aye, I would expect that all players will have to be from the
      > North,
      > > and maybe the regions just adjascent. The people with creation
      > cards
      > > will be travellers from distant lands who have come to help fight
      > the
      > > foozle, but the 'average' character will likely be a townie ;)
      > >
      > > Cheers
      > > Dave
    • lachlarlan_ii
      Message 2 of 17 , May 1, 2003
        I say we're starting in the Western Heartlands.

        Perhaps the region creation cards aren't allowing us to choose a
        region flung far and wide. Perhaps we will all start in one region,
        and without creation cards may not choose a different region. Perhaps
        we will not even be able to choose adjacent regions without campaign
        documentation(afformentioned campaign cards).

        The Western Heartlands is the largest region southwest of the
        Anauroch desert and contains the most listed adventurous venues of
        all the regions. It is neighbored by Cormyr, Amn, the Dragon Coast,
        the Anauroch Desert, the North, and the High Forest.

        Every race and religion under the sun can be found there. Every
        class, save Paladins and Monks, is favored for the Western
        Heartlands. Paladins and Monks can start in Cormyr and Amn
        respectively.

        My .02gp anyway,
        ~William P.

        --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, "varthalon" <varthalon@h...>
        wrote:
        > If we're wager'n were we'll all be my bet would be on the Savage
        > Frontier as well (Spine of the World to Waterdeep, Trackless Sea
        and
        > some of the Isles to the High Forest or even Silverymoon) It is an
        > excellent place for adventuring, a wild and untamed area with all
        the
        > races common. Ruins of ancient elven, dwarven, human, and maybe
        even
        > Iqua'Tel'Quessir civilizations, conflict between most of the major
        > secret organizations and power groups. Lots of big ugly monsters,
        > occasional hordes of smaller monsters. Mysteries like the World
        > Tree. If LotGR is based in the Savage Frontier we should have
        plenty
        > to keep things fun.
        >
        > Varthalon
        >
        > --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, "lachlarlan_ii"
        > <WhiteDwarf82@h...> wrote:
        > > What the foozle is a foozle?!
        > >
        > > --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <djbarret@i...> wrote:
        > > > --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Williamson"
        > > <eric_ang@b...>

        > > > adventures

        > > > Aye, I would expect that all players will have to be from the
        > > North,
        > > > and maybe the regions just adjascent. The people with creation
        > > cards
        > > > will be travellers from distant lands who have come to help
        fight
        > > the
        > > > foozle, but the 'average' character will likely be a townie ;)
        > > >
        > > > Cheers
        > > > Dave
      • Eric Williamson
        Message 3 of 17 , May 1, 2003
          <WhiteDwarf82@h...> wrote:
          > I say we're starting in the Western Heartlands.

          If that's the case, it seems odd to me that the first to modules are
          out-of-region...

          The focus on Loudwater in the promo cards and now in the first two
          modules lends great support to a campaign in the North. The position
          of the 4 additional regions added by the player reward cards leads me
          to expand the region to the Western Heartlands. Adding in the High
          Forest (which is surrounded by the North) gives an ancient homeland
          for the elves. Adding in Silverymoon (also surrounded by the North)
          gives the dwarves a home. And adding Waterdeep gives a major
          population/trade center.

          Eric
        • lachlarlan_ii
          Message 4 of 17 , May 1, 2003
            Silverymoon wouldn't be the typical dwarf's home. Its not dwarven
            enough.

            Now Mithril Hall! That's the way to go.

            As for the other stuff. I guess I hadn't heard enough information. As
            long as the Western Heartlands is available I'm happy!

            Go Kelevorites!

            wrote:
            > --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, "lachlarlan_ii"
            > <WhiteDwarf82@h...> wrote:
            > > I say we're starting in the Western Heartlands.
            >
            > If that's the case, it seems odd to me that the first to modules
            are
            > out-of-region...
            >
            > The focus on Loudwater in the promo cards and now in the first two
            > modules lends great support to a campaign in the North. The
            position
            > of the 4 additional regions added by the player reward cards leads
            me
            > to expand the region to the Western Heartlands. Adding in the High
            > Forest (which is surrounded by the North) gives an ancient homeland
            > for the elves. Adding in Silverymoon (also surrounded by the
            North)
            > gives the dwarves a home. And adding Waterdeep gives a major
            > population/trade center.
            >
            > Eric
          • Eric Williamson
            Message 5 of 17 , May 1, 2003
              I should clarify...

              IMHO Silverymoon <is> the Region name, as best I can tell, used for
              the Silver Marches (as there is no Silver Marches Region). The
              Silver Marches include Mithril Hall, Citadel Adbar, and Citadel
              Felbarr...pretty much every major dwarven community in the North.

              Eric

              <WhiteDwarf82@h...> wrote:
              > Silverymoon wouldn't be the typical dwarf's home. Its not dwarven
              > enough.
              >
              > Now Mithril Hall! That's the way to go.
              >
              > As for the other stuff. I guess I hadn't heard enough information.
              As
              > long as the Western Heartlands is available I'm happy!
              >
              > Go Kelevorites!
              >
              > --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Williamson"
              <eric_ang@b...>
              > wrote:
              > > --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, "lachlarlan_ii"
              > > <WhiteDwarf82@h...> wrote:
              > > > I say we're starting in the Western Heartlands.
              > >
              > > If that's the case, it seems odd to me that the first to modules
              > are
              > > out-of-region...
              > >
              > > The focus on Loudwater in the promo cards and now in the first
              two
              > > modules lends great support to a campaign in the North. The
              > position
              > > of the 4 additional regions added by the player reward cards
              leads
              > me
              > > to expand the region to the Western Heartlands. Adding in the
              High
              > > Forest (which is surrounded by the North) gives an ancient
              homeland
              > > for the elves. Adding in Silverymoon (also surrounded by the
              > North)
              > > gives the dwarves a home. And adding Waterdeep gives a major
              > > population/trade center.
              > >
              > > Eric
            • varthalon
              Message 6 of 17 , May 2, 2003
                Thats possible, but I'm pretty certain that Citadel Adbar and maybe
                the others are in the Savage Frontier that is a subregion of 'the
                north' (origninally they published the Waterdeep and the North
                supliment and then came out later with the savage frontier supliment
                that went into more detail about a smaller area it covers. So there
                may be some give and take over what is a 'region' and regions within
                regions.

                wrote:
                > I should clarify...
                >
                > IMHO Silverymoon <is> the Region name, as best I can tell, used for
                > the Silver Marches (as there is no Silver Marches Region). The
                > Silver Marches include Mithril Hall, Citadel Adbar, and Citadel
                > Felbarr...pretty much every major dwarven community in the North.
                >

                > Eric
                >

                > --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, "lachlarlan_ii"
                > <WhiteDwarf82@h...> wrote:
                > > Silverymoon wouldn't be the typical dwarf's home. Its not dwarven
                > > enough.
                > >
                > > Now Mithril Hall! That's the way to go.
                > >
                > > As for the other stuff. I guess I hadn't heard enough
                information.
                > As
                > > long as the Western Heartlands is available I'm happy!
                > >
                > > Go Kelevorites!
                > >
                > > --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Williamson"
                > <eric_ang@b...>
                > > wrote:
                > > > --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, "lachlarlan_ii"
                > > >
                > > > If that's the case, it seems odd to me that the first to
                modules
                > > are
                > > > out-of-region...
                > > >
                > > > The focus on Loudwater in the promo cards and now in the first
                > two
                > > > modules lends great support to a campaign in the North. The
                > > position
                > > > of the 4 additional regions added by the player reward cards
                > leads
                > > me
                > > > to expand the region to the Western Heartlands. Adding in the
                > High
                > > > Forest (which is surrounded by the North) gives an ancient
                > homeland
                > > > for the elves. Adding in Silverymoon (also surrounded by the
                > > North)
                > > > gives the dwarves a home. And adding Waterdeep gives a major
                > > > population/trade center.
                > > >
                > > > Eric
              • Eric Williamson
                Message 7 of 17 , May 2, 2003
                  The specific locations within a Region are clearly laid out in the
                  FRCS. I think I recall Adbar and such being in the 2E Savage
                  Frontier material. However, in the 3E FRCS they are listed in the
                  Silver Marches. They are also part of the Silver Marches 3E
                  supplement.

                  Said another way, the 3E FRCS Region called the North is the Savage
                  Frontier minus the area now covered by the Silver Marches.

                  Eric

                  wrote:
                  > Thats possible, but I'm pretty certain that Citadel Adbar and maybe
                  > the others are in the Savage Frontier that is a subregion of 'the
                  > north' (origninally they published the Waterdeep and the North
                  > supliment and then came out later with the savage frontier
                  supliment
                  > that went into more detail about a smaller area it covers. So
                  there
                  > may be some give and take over what is a 'region' and regions
                  within
                  > regions.
                  >
                  > --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Williamson"
                  <eric_ang@b...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > I should clarify...
                  > >
                  > > IMHO Silverymoon <is> the Region name, as best I can tell, used
                  for
                  > > the Silver Marches (as there is no Silver Marches Region). The
                  > > Silver Marches include Mithril Hall, Citadel Adbar, and Citadel
                  > > Felbarr...pretty much every major dwarven community in the North.
                  > >

                  > > Eric
                  > >

                  > > --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, "lachlarlan_ii"
                  > > <WhiteDwarf82@h...> wrote:
                  > > > Silverymoon wouldn't be the typical dwarf's home. Its not
                  dwarven
                  > > > enough.
                  > > >
                  > > > Now Mithril Hall! That's the way to go.
                  > > >
                  > > > As for the other stuff. I guess I hadn't heard enough
                  > information.
                  > > As
                  > > > long as the Western Heartlands is available I'm happy!
                  > > >
                  > > > Go Kelevorites!
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In GreenRegent@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Williamson"
                  > > <eric_ang@b...>

                  > modules
                  > > > are

                  > > two
                  > > > position
                  > > leads
                  > > > me
                  > > High
                  > > homeland
                  > > > North)

                • varthalon
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 2, 2003
                    Ah, I have tons of 2E source stuff but very little 3e so that is good
                    to know.

                    Thanks, Varthalon