Re: [GreenLeft_discussion] Republican National Committee Convention Schedule

  • Denis Berrell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
      The frightening thing is its not all that far from the truth took me a
      while to realise it was a spoof. I particularly like the one about Clarence
      Thomas reading out the list of republican negroes. In either 1992 or 1996
      they paraded a group of republican negroes on the convention stage just to
      prove that they in fact exist. They were dressed up in suits and bow ties
      and looked as if they were going off to Sunday prayer meeting very bizarre.

      In 2000 I believe they even had black rappers performing on stage, someone
      likened it to the cotton club, blacks performing on stage before an all
      white audience.

      Excellent satire in the 'chaser' mode should be more of it on the list.