New DSP leadership's tenuous grip on reality

  • bobgould987
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2006
      New Boylite DSP leadership's tenuous grip on reality

      By Bob Gould

      A day or so is an awfully long time in cyberspace, and the past day or
      so on the GLW list verged on being barking mad, in the sense that the
      new DSP leadership seemed to have unleashed its most volatile and
      half-delusional supporters and geed them up to say the weirdest
      things. (I note that the list moderator and Norm Dixon have now drawn
      back from this a bit, and have suggested some quite sensible
      guidelines for discussion, but what I write here is a response to the
      previous 24 hours before the apparent change of tack. As I was the
      butt of a lot of the abuse in that time, I feel I am entitled to one
      response. In subsequent posts I'll be more polite. In passing, it's
      worth making the point that Norm, who has been one of the most
      reckless posters, tries to blame it all on Ed Lewis, who apparently so
      enrages Norm that he can't resist the urge to go verbally berserk in
      response. I find that difficult to believe, given Norm's long
      political experience.)

      The new DSP leadership is obviously a bit off balance because its
      internal opposition has doggedly refused to fold its tent and go away,
      and there has been some careful comment on the DSP's internal crisis
      on Ozleft and in the Weekly Worker. It's worth noting that the first
      print issue of GLW has been postponed from January 18 to January 25,
      which seems to be calculated to allow more time to sort things out a
      bit more in the DSP.

      Full article: http://members.optushome.com.au/spainter/glwlistgoesmad.html
    • Linda Seaborn