Chavez: Morales victory heralds a new era

  • stuartmunckton
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 25, 2005
      Chávez: Morales' Victory Means the People's Victory and the Beginning
      of a New Era for Bolivia

      Venezuela celebrates along with the Bolivian people Evo Morales'
      victory, a descendant of the Aymara people. "Evo, there is no doubt
      our happiness is also big: Bolivar's and Sucre's country is starting a
      new and definite battle for its dignity and sovereignty," expressed
      President Chávez through a letter sent to his Bolivian counterpart

      President of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, Hugo Chávez Frías,
      sent to the elected President of Bolivia, Evo Morales, a greeting
      message on the occasion of the victory obtained in the electoral
      process held in the South American nation last December 18, where the
      fraternal Bolivian people ratified its decision of advancing on the
      democratic path of participation and freedom.

      Through a missive sent to Morales, President Chávez highlighted the
      victory as the beginning of a new era for the nation, which he
      referred to as "the favorite daughter of the Liberator."

      According to the spirit of the letter, the president stressed that
      more than 500 years passed by until an Aymara was elected president,
      thus becoming – according to President Chávez – a "real and true
      historical recognition."

      In one of the letter's passages, President Chávez expressed that one
      of the prophecies of Túpac Catari -who claimed before dying in 1781:
      "I will be back and I will become millions"- is being fulfilled.
      Venezuelan President pointed out that the Bolivian heroic did crowned
      in the last election process, summons the Liberator's thought.

      In this sense, he put forward: "Evo, there is no doubt our happiness
      is also big: Bolivar's and Sucre's country is starting a new and
      definite battle for its dignity and sovereignty, and the big family of
      the peoples find in your country a new reason to affirm the cause of
      humanity and to deny the neoliberal fallacy of the history's end. It
      is a time to found Bolivia again; it is a new beginning for history."

      He shared the idea expressed by Morales in his first statements after
      his victory. According to Morales, the history of the South American
      nation will be written based on equality, social justice, peace and
      equity, turning it into a third millennium for the people, not for the
      empire, in an effort to change the economic model that blocks the
      development of the country and makes impossible to eliminate the
      colonial State. This will likely solve the people's problems and
      defeat poverty, misery and exploitation.

      Before finishing his message, President Chávez invited his new
      Bolivian counterpart to listen again to "the inspired and inspiring
      voice of the Liberator in his Speech before the Constituent Congress
      of Bolivia: What does Bolivia mean? An unbridled love of liberty that,
      when received by your enthusiasm, did not see anything comparable with
      its courage. Again, it has been the courage of the Bolivian people
      what has work for its new liberation: the same unbridled love will
      guide you good in order to found a State being the expression of you all."

      After inviting him to our country, President Chávez welcomed Morales
      to "a new battle front for the justice and dignity of the peoples, the
      Bolivarian and Sucre's integration of South America," and wished him
      success in the performance of his functions as the guide of the
      fraternal nation.

      Presidential Press / Translated by César Torres
    • Walter Lippmann
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 25, 2005
        This is great. What's the source?
        What is Presidential Press?

        Thanks, Stuart!

        Walter

[...]

        In this sense, he put forward: "Evo, there is no doubt our happiness is also
[...]

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/U6CDDD/izNLAA/cUmLAA/KlSolB/TM

        Green Left Weekly depends on your support!

        Subscribe to Green Left Weekly!
        http://www.greenleft.org.au/subscribe.htm

        Make a donation to help Green Left Weekly continue!
        http://www.greenleft.org.au/fogl.htm

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • stuartmunckton
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 25, 2005
          I got this article as part of Ven Global News e-bulletin that collects
          some key news from Venezuela and sends them out about once a week. It
          is run from the Venezuelan ministry of information. I assume
          Presidential Press is run from the presidential palace, but I don't know.

          You can subsribe to Ven Global news e-bulletins via this link:

          http://www.mci.gob.ve/suscripcionveningles.asp

          cheers,
          Stuart

          --- In GreenLeft_discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Walter Lippmann"