Note from the moderator

  • Margaret A
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2003
      Dear list members,

      This is a email list for political discussion, to be conducted in a constructive manner in order for us to work out the way to move forward in our common aims.

      While political discussion can be often sharp when differences are involved, attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated on this list.

      I will be monitoring the tone of discussion more carefully and if I judge that contributors cross the line from political discussion to personal attack, I will warn them about this. After two unheeded warnings, they will be unsubbed from this list.

      A second point is that list members have the right to anonymity if they choose. This may be for a variety of reasons. "Outing" of another contributor is not acceptable if they choose for their identity to remain undisclosed. As long as the other conditions of list membership are met, there is no problem with list members taking part in the discussions without revealing who they are.
      Please note that anonymity will not be a reason for list transgressions to be tolerated.

      Onward in the spirit of comradely discussion and debate!

      comradely regards,
      Margaret A,
      moderator, GL email discussion list.