6900Re: [GreenLeft_discussion] Re: GLW list and Carl Kenner in the twilight zone

  • Jonathan Strauss
    Jun 9, 2004
      --- ozleft <ozleft@...> wrote:
      > I'm not hearing recommendations to exhaust
      > [preferences before Labor] from influential places
      > in the Greens this time,

      Probably because, as I understand it, preferencing is
      not optional in federal elections, so the Greens will
      be required to give preferences to the ALP at some
      point

      > although there is rank-and-file sentiment for that
      > view (similar to the DSP's they're-all-the-same
      > thesis).

      Is there likely to be similarity if the DSP has always
      (at least in regular elections, where government is at
      stake) advocated preferencing the ALP, as Nick F
      pointed out, whereas the Greens have not done so
      consistently? Difference in result suggests difference
      in cause. The obvious point is the DSP does not think
      the major parties are "all-the-same" in the sense that
      is frequently (mis-)represented on this list - that
      is, with regard to their methods of supporting
      capitalism, from whom they draw support and so on.

      Jonathan Strauss

      http://au.movies.yahoo.com
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic