5610Re: [GreenLeft_discussion] Re: NSW Council election results (and Bob's geography)

  • Ambrose Andrews
    Apr 5, 2004
      ozleft wrote:

      > By Bob Gould
      >
      > Ambrose Andrews wrote:
      >

      >>> Bob Gould in his inimitable fashion, 'outed' Chris Kerr as being
      >>
      > Peter Boyle. The twist in that instance is that it wasn't technically
      > 'outing' because it wasn't correct... it wasn't true. It was one of
      > Bob's ahhh... educated stabs in the dark.>>
      >
      > Ambrose Andrews alleges that I outed Chris Kerr on this list. As
      > comrade Ambrose ought to know, that's just not true. I've never outed
      > anyone on any list.
      >
      > I did ask some pointed questions about whether Dennis Berrell and
      > Michael Berrell were the same person, but I gathered that one of those
      > identities was the man's real name. Dennis Michael Berrell clarified
      > that to my satisfaction. It's hardly outing anyone to try to keep
      > track of their real name or dual personalities.

      Very good. I absolve you.

      > I didn't out Chris Kerr either. I genuinely thought, on the basis of
      > stylistic similarities in the rather lame satire used by Kerrvert and
      > Peter Boyle that Kerrvert was a pseudonym for Peter Boyle.

      Indeed. This genuine belief turned out to have been a mistaken genuine
      belief.

      > As a result of this confusion on my part, one of Chris Kerr's fellow
      > DSP members outed him, and I can hardly be blamed for that.

      I don't think saying 'Chris Kerr is a real person' qualifies as outing.
      Possibly inning.

      > I've never outed anyone, I've just commented wryly a few times on the
      > barbed way people hiding behind pseudonyms have put the boot into me,
      > which is a reasonable response.

      Nobby is not a pseudonym.

      > I hope Ambrose Andrews will withdraw the claim that I outed Chris Kerr.

      I hereby assert that you failed to 'out' Chris Kerr solely by virtue of
      the fact that your genuine belief that he was a pseudonym for Peter
      Boyle turned out to be a mistaken belief. Had your belief been
      well-founded and correct, you would logically have outed him.

      Owing to the fact that he was immune / un-outable / 'in', I can happily
      assert that you are not guilty of outing Chris Kerr.

      Release the prisoner!

      -AA.

      --
      Ambrose Andrews
      LPO Box 8274 ANU Canberra ACT 2601 Australia