5381Re: [GreenLeft_discussion] ALP will pull troops out of Iraq....

  • Pip, Peter & Zoe
    Mar 24, 2004
      farooq sulehria wrote:

      > Comrades, This announcement by ALP must be welcomed.But let me put it
      > another way:is it as a victory for Al Qaida as well besides a victory
      > for anti war movement?

      Hi Farooq

      Good to see you on the list! What is the movement like in Sweden?

      Almost any victory for the anti-war movement in the imperialist
      countries today will also reflect an element of mass fear of terrorist
      attack. Hence, the ALP opposition is orienting as much to the mass
      desire to do anything to reduce the threat of terrorist attack as it is
      to sentiments of soldarity with the victims of imperialism. But that is
      always a component of mass anti-war movements. Consciousness develops
      unevenly, but every victory of a popular mass movement helps that
      development.

      Peter Boyle
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic