5344Re: [GreenLeft_discussion] Pakistan ?

  • farooq sulehria
    Mar 23, 2004
      Comrade,

      To be honest, there are dozens of groups.One cannot even count. There is no such organised resistence in Afghanistan.Al Qaida however is on the run and is not that active in Afghanistan.Taliban are pretty active again but mainly for economic reasons. All afghan militias and war lords have nothing political except to control , snatch or defend a particulat area , region in order to loot the people there and collect the tax. The only econimy Afghanistan has is 'war economy'. The only job available to Afghan youth is that offered by some militia.

      Islamic Jihad of late it seems has not been that active.But not al Qaida either.

      Farooq

      les evenchick <piratefish@...> wrote:

      --- farooq sulehria <mfsulehria@...>
      wrote:

      > Comrades,
      >
      > Recently there was an article,,and some
      > comments, about recent happening in Pakistan in
      > order to arrest soem al Qaida members.

      A question?:

      All the press writes about is "Al Qaida".

      What ever happened to the Isamic Jihad of
      Afghanistan which I thought was the dominant
      "terrorist" group based in Pakistan.

      They used to have a website where they advocated
      military actions in war zones(areas occupied by
      foreign troops) only and claimed credit for
      actions in Afghanistan that the US has called Al
      Qaida actions.

      Are these 2 different organizations and if so why
      is the US ignoring the differences and who is
      really fighting Karzai and the US?

      Now the press says they never had any evidence
      that any AL Qaida officials were even in the area
      attacked, so what is really going on?

                                 Les

      Visit http://www.greenleft.org.au